1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by bre16017, Mar 18, 2013.

1. bre16017

Hello everyone.

I am approaching this rather tentatively, so here goes. Up until a few days ago I've been convinced I was straight, but a conversation about various aspects of gender identity and sexuality with my asexual, biromantic, girlfriend, has led to me believe I am bisexual. She is of course fine with it. Coming to this conclusion about my sexuality has been a wonderful, freeing, feeling...but it has left me a little overwhelmed.

A few things about me then...I'm a 23 year old with a master's degree, and am a musician.

I'm still tentatively approaching this. I would consider myself to still have a preference towards women, am almost certainly heteroromantic, and only find very certain guys attractive.

One day I'd like to experiment with a guy, but the idea of it still freaks me out.

All the best folks!

2. CraftyClaws

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey I know how you feel, welcome to EC. You can get a lot of help on you problems here and meet a lot of great people so im sure you will love this place :slight_smile:

I wish you all the best on figuring out who you can truly be!

3. bre16017

Thanks. My girlfriend is being wonderful about it, and we're both very happy. Some people might not be as open minded, which concerns me a little. I'm still unsure as to whether to come out, as I am still heteroromantic, and don't want people to misunderstand or get the wrong idea. Also, I am not yet sure that I'd live anything other than a 'straight' life.

Looking forward to seeing where this all goes.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

5. bre16017

Thanks. Can any of you suggest where I should be posting specific questions?

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2013 at 04:53 PM ----------

I should say I like the idea of experimenting, rather than am wanting to. I'm very happy with what I have now.

6. justashyguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! I'm new here myself.

First, it is really hard to not be worried about what other people will think of you. And you know what? You'll learn who your friends are. You'll learn who are the good ones to keep around. The others just aren't worth it if they don't like you for who you have been to afraid to be.

Second, I wish I could answer your question. I for one was(am) not interested in experimenting. I'm simply not attracted to women, but I very much am attracted to men. I suggest posing this question in the Support Area somewhere!

Continue to ask questions or seek advice if you need it. That's what people are here for!

7. Kay

Kay Guest

Welcome to EC! Hugs

8. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    Welcome to EC! Congratulations on beginning to discover yourself. :slight_smile: