1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey people! :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by WhiteRaven, Mar 19, 2013.

1. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everybody,
    I'm new to this place, and I'm not really sure how I should introduce myself, but I thought it would be nice to say hello :slight_smile:

I like skiing, LARP (Life Action Role Play. It's a bit crazy, but also a whole lotta fun. Ask me if you want to know more :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), reading, all sorts of artsy things (I'm really a 'jack of all trades, master of none' when it comes to art and creative stuff), lately I'm also learning to play the piano, and I really love it! (I should have started earlier!)

The reason why I joined this place is that I have always wondered whether I'm transgender or not. It's a bit of a long story, but shortly you can say that mostly I have always FELT more like a boy than a girl, but I'm still not sure... so I thought this might be a nice place to get some information and such...

Grz,
    White Raven

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

3. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:
    Your avatar made me laugh XD

4. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I love the piano too :slight_smile: I wish I would've kept up with it! Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

5. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And yeah, I wish I didn't drop it when I was a kid, but right now I'm making up for it :3
    Guess I just lacked the determination...

6. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    Hello and Welcome to EC! Sounds like you have a lot of cool interests :slight_smile:.

7. Wolfie Charm

Hi White Raven!! Did you create your own PC? I’d like to hear about being a larper. I used to know someone who was into LARP but he never really talked about it.

I used to play piano too, self-taught technically, but now I just play Magic Piano on my phone lol.

Welcome to EC! Love that description about artsy things.

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi WhiteRaven :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

9. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

10. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! Welcome to EC! If you need help with gender issues there's a wonderful trans* community on here willing to help. :grin:

11. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome! It seems that many new members (including myself) are trans. ^_^ And here I thought that it would be hard to find people who felt similarly. Regardless of what you come to find yourself to be, I hope it lifts a burden from you and that you may find closure.

12. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for all the wonderful welcomes! :slight_smile:

And it's terrific to speak with people who are Trans* themselves and finally open up for myself to start thinking about it seriously. I always just ignored any 'other' feeling I had, but lately, as I'm growing up and becoming more and more myself, I sometimes feel very big doubts. But I'm still not sure, I guess it comes over time. And besides that, I'd actually also have to start accepting myself, and embracing whatever I am. For a long time I didn't even want to THINK about it, but I just figured 'what's wrong with me if I AM? Yeah, right, nothing!' Even though I'm pretty open minded and non-judgemental towards people with different sexual orientations, etc. all I wanted for myself was 'just' be 'normal', y'know. It's all a bit hard to describe...
    And now I'm venturing out to discover whether that voice just sprung from the wish to be 'normal' (well, for most people I'm not already...) or whether it's really telling me the truth.

Hey, Wolfie Charm, PC is Player Character, right? If so, then the answer is yes. At the place where I larp everybody creates their own character. I know that cosplay larping or 'larping-with-existing-characters' exists, but it's a lot rarer.
    I really like it, it's like a child's dream coming real, or living in an amazing epic movie or story. I also see it as a 'sandbox' to try out social things and ways of treating people, etc. because you can do ANYTHING when you're IC, as long as it's not too over the top, etc. (no racism, of course. But you can pick a fight if you want, or challenge the beliefs of the world, argue with the leaders of the clan...) because you basically cannot lose anything. At worst your character dies and you have to create a new one. No big deal! :slight_smile:
    And apart from that it's just like 'life' but filled with epicness and 'happenings'. Even bad things are fun in larp, because it gives you a reason to play it out dramatically! XD And besides that are the people just great. I find that larpers are -generally- quite open minded, non-judgemental, clever and are -more or less- on the same wavelength as I am!

And I'm self-taught too. All hail the internet! I want to save for a good keyboard or maybe even real piano in the future, as I only have a crappy 2nd hand now :frowning2:

13. Wolfie Charm

Yup, just as cool as I thought!! I do it all in my head lol. Would be cool to actually see the epicness. It just seems like a great outlet for creativity. :slight_smile:

Definitely all hail the Internet!! Lol
    I like hearing about self-taught musicians, especially the ones that are truly excelling at it. They have the true passion for playing and amazing skills. Good luck with getting a piano! Best to watch the smaller stores. They seem, at least for my area, to have the better sales when they lower prices.

14. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! Awesome! :slight_smile: And yeah, it IS really cool! A lot of people think it's weird or nerdy, but I don't care. I think it rocks, and that's all that matters :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    We had a few 'bypassers' while larping in a random forest. You should have seen their faces! XD But to give you an impression, just a random one of my picasa albums; https://picasaweb.google.com/103900777056570227202/12September201202?authkey=Gv1sRgCLO03M_azbO5Hg I'm not on them myself, because I was standing BEHIND the camera :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And yeah, it definitely is! I love creating the costumes and letting out all my crazy ideas in it. Also plotting plans or arranging original rituals is great. Lately we even have started a larp band! :grin: (no piano's there, unfortunately. I just jump around with a big drum, hehe)

Haha, yeah! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Awesome! I like that too, because I can identify with them, and I find they are often a lot more self expressive and not yet 'wrenched' into a certain shape of what is right and wrong.
    And they often aren't forced but are doing it because they LOVE it! Which is a great thing! (and yes, I love it too! I'm so glad I finally got the courage to take it up. It's gotten a little out of hand, lol, but frankly I don't mind it at all)
    And thanks for the tip! I have quite some music stores in my area, so I'll check them out. I think I might go with something second hand, but I have heard it's risky to buy secondhand piano's because there's often something wrong with them. I'm saving money, and made the deal that my parents will pay the half of the cost (given that I don't pick something TOO expensive)

15. Wolfie Charm

Not weird, not neerdy, downright awesome!! I like the character for the tenth pic. And the guy in white (I think it was pic 55 because yes, I totally just looked at all of them!) looks like my old high school buddy Sam! Lol

Oooo a drum! I loves drums! I used to play. My teacher (and I knew when he lied but he wasn’t for this) was flabbergasted and convinced I had played before no matter how much I countered that statement!

That’s great they're going to support your love for the piano by paying half!! I don’t think it is possible to get out of hand with something you love. Lol It’s a good thing. :slight_smile:

16. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! I'm so happy that you like it too! I am a bit shy about me larping IRL, because people can be judgemental sometimes. Great you enjoyed the pictures :slight_smile: it's even better to be there and 'get' the story as well, but seeing everything on picture is pretty nice as well. Before I went for the first time I scavenged a thousand picture albums! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's only one drum, unfortunately, one bad-assery big one! :grin: It sets an awesome deep beat. I also play it sometimes during battles, to 'encourage' my clanmates and such. I'm rather clumsy, especially with a sword, so mostly I'm just healing people and giving people magical buffs and bonusses, that sort of stuff. I get killed in a swordfight too easily anyway XD

Good point, aye! I love it even more each day. When I just started I never thought I could ever reach the level I am at now, and I'm not even playing for really long yet. Music is truly amazing, and nothing is more amazing than MAKING music yourself. It almost feels like magic. Sometimes I just start playing, improvising, randomly, and then suddenly wake up, thinking "Whoah! What the heck was THAT! Awesome!" The best things happen with the least thinking! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Wolfie Charm

Exactly!! I love improve on the piano. And big is better for the drum! Plus battles totally need a backbeat. I’d probably be doing similar things because frankly, I walk/fall into things all the time! Lmao It’s amazing I haven’t broken an arm or leg, though recently I came close to breaking my butt lol. (I learned not to fall backwards down a hill while snowboarding. 79 days and it is still an awful pain! :rolle:slight_smile:

18. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It gives you such a sense of... achievement! :slight_smile: I really get excited whenever I learn something new or master a song. Whatever it might be, I get excited like a little child! XD
    Aye, I totally agree. And it's also cool that my clan members get a bonus from it, so I'm not just beating that drum for nothing!
    Hahaha! That sounds so much like me, lol! I am such a clumsy person. But amazingly enough I haven't broken ANYTHING either (not yet at least... :S).
    Tell me about it :S I have been skiing quite a long time, and one of my friends thought it was time to 'teach me snowboarding'. SO much PAIN! D: I cannot count the times I fell over :frowning2: I'm just too clumsy for a sport like that, lol!

19. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    oh hey i didnt know you created your own thread...

well Welcome aboard and you'll fit in really well, coz there's some great peepz on here with alot of knowledge...

20. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was actually the first thing I did when I made my account :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And thanks, I'm liking this place already! :wink: