1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey there :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by EWU2012, Mar 21, 2013.

1. EWU2012

So it has been a while since I have been on this site but I was thinking about it today and came back on to check it out. I am almost done with getting my degree. I will be graduating in June and this summer I will be moving to Colorado Springs to attend grad school at UCCS. I am looking forward to the change and new environment but I am also super nervous because I don't know a single person there. Hopefully I am able to make a new set of friends but it takes me a while to open up in a new environment. It would be great if there are individuals on here that live in that area on here. Since I have never been there I am trying to figure out what all there is to do. I am also open to making friends with those not in my current area or in Colorado. I am glad to be back and feel free to say hi. :slight_smile:

2. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    aye, Dude welcome back and all the best with the studies... " we have a smart one amongs us :smilewave"

3. EWU2012

Thanks for that. I hope that everything goes well. I think I will enjoy the degree when I am done with it. Two years can't go by fast enough.

4. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    you'll have alot of fun with college lifestyle...

i feel pretty old now but man college life is the best!!!! the parties are a blast and you meet real good people who become friends for life... i stayed in the dorms and joined a fraternity and man its the best experience ever... will you be moving in the dorms?

5. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to college next year, man, I'm so looking forward to it! :slight_smile: I really need some new people, a fresh environment! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And welcome back to EC, EWU! I'm pretty new myself! Actually... newer than you are, haha, lol!

6. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    welcome to you too WhiteRaven!!!!

man you guys are going to have a blast.. im not sure what the LGQBT (sorry still dont know how its spelt) community is like coz i didnt really care at the time...

but yeah.. F R E E D O M is truly something your going to get

7. EWU2012

Well I am actually graduate with a Bachelors in Social Work in June not from high school. haha I am finishing my fifth year in college. I am going to UCCS for graduate school to get a Masters in Student Affairs. I don't think I will love in the residential hall there unless I get a job as a manager of them. Otherwise I plan on getting a one bedroom or studio apartment. I have had roommates and currently live alone and I like it. Plus getting my own apartment is much cheaper then the res. halls.

---------- Post added 21st Mar 2013 at 01:13 AM ----------

WhiteRaven, good luck at university. It has been a great experience for me so far. I think that you will have a great time.

8. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    oh nice... damn masters even... i did my LLB/BA and that was enough for me... i hate studying as you can tell my grammar aint the best hehehehe...
    and yeah luckily for me, my Rentz paid for my education and accomodation...
    i'd probably burn the house down if i was to live by myself i cant cook or clean..

9. EWU2012

Well you can't do much with a BSW and I have been involved with the student govt. at my university for about 4 years now and I love the environment which is why I am going into Student Affairs. As for grammar I am also now the best. I preferred math and science over English classes. I am an okay cook. But lately I have been so busy I just live off of cereal. Not healthy but it is what it is. I just love the freedom to do what I want, when I want. Roommates were okay but sometimes there were disagreements and bills not being paid. I on only responsible for myself living alone.

10. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    well i aint doing anything with any of my degreez... ive gone off in the complete opposite direction hehehe...

yeah that aint healthy...but you should try and eat healthy coz it will catch up with you later on in the yearz... anywho its up to you...

my mates are irresponsible and so am i lol... so we all get along really well... but we do put the effort into bills etc

11. EWU2012

Well the cereal thing was mostly a joke. I do eat other food other then cereal but some nights when I get home at like 7-8pm I am too tired to cook so I will have a bowl of cereal. I wish I had a personal chef to cook food for me so that I wouldn't have to cook for myself.

12. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    lol... my mate is my personal chef... and all i do in return is turn the dishwasher on lol...

13. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome back!

14. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She