1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello =)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MoodyButterflie, Mar 26, 2013.

1. MoodyButterflie

Out Status:
    A few people
    Currently I don't even know what to describe my sexuality as. I'm female and have always been a late bloomer. Growing up I was rather naive and never thought about relationships more than the innocent fantasies I played out in my head. I was always physically attracted to men, but always lost interest and became extremely uncomfortable after getting to know them. Even when I was younger I was emotionally close to only girls and felt like there might be something there. It wasn't until right before my senior year of high school that I began to question my sexuality.

I went to the gay pride parade in Chicago and enjoyed every moment. I even found a few women really attractive. I mean extremely attractive. My family is conservative to an extent and the idea of being with the same gender was always shunned upon, so it never occurred to me. I was really sheltered. Soon after realizing this attraction I denied it for several years.

It wasn't until recently that it surfaced again. I've always wanted to date, but have only gone out with men. It's never gone far because I become so physically uncomfortable once I really know the guy and they're sexually interested in me. I have a lot of guy friends, but I've never desired more than that. I've never wanted to really be in a relationship with a guy.

I began to think about why and realized my developing attraction to women. Women have always been more attractive to me emotionally and it wasn't until a while ago that the physical attraction has surfaced. I've even finally admitted to myself that I have a crush on one of my friends. I've came out to a few close people and admitted my insecurities about not knowing what my sexuality is 100%. They have accepted me with no qualms and this has given me so much comfort. (*hug*)

I just don't know where to go from here. I'm so shy in nature that I don't know where or how to begin exploring my new found sexuality, so that I can truly understand myself. :eusa_doh:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

3. Wolfie Charm

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

4. LD579

Hi, and welcome! I'm sure you know this, but you're already well on your way to fully understanding yourself. For starters, looking around at the topics out and about on this forum might help you formulate some thoughts on your own feelings. And feel free to post if you ever need someone to listen to you, or some advice.

It's nice that your friends have taken your news so supportively. We at EC are here for you, too, should you ever need us. =)

5. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Welcome to EC!

6. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

7. That Kid

Welcome to EC:slight_smile:

8. leer

welcome :slight_smile:

9. ems