1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm New! Looking for help!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by NyanKitty, Mar 29, 2013.

1. NyanKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone.

I'm new to the site and found it through searching about my situation. I have a boyfriend who I know has a strong male preference who hasn't ever been with a man and I know it's getting to him. Doing some reading on the site I'm inclined to believe he might actually be gay, though right now he's denying anything of the sort because of his love for me. He might be bi, I'm not entirely sure, but, if you'd like to know more I posted a topic here: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...ps/89350-opening-my-arms-letting-him-fly.html

Anything from anyone (especially men who have experienced a similar situation or who have been married to a woman) please please please offer me your words of wisdom. Thank you all <3

2. theMaverick

Well I'm not in a situation to give you any advice...but I have to say you are amazing for being the kind of person that he can be honest and open with and for being so accepting of him. Also, welcome to EC!

3. ems

ems

Well I used to be with a boy when I was struggling with my sexuality, so I know the other side as it wwre. He wasnt very helpful and didn't help one bit , in the end I had to split up with him to be able to sort my head out. So support him I'd say, I know that probably obvious but if he is gay or bi he may be worried about saying anything as he might be worried how u would react or he could be struggling to come to turms withit. But I'm not there u ar and if u have known him a long time I would say trust ir instincts. Maybe try to gently bring it up in an convosation casually . I hope my ramblings help x

#3 ems, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a gay man myself, stuck in a long-term but finally ending marriage, I can assure you that he is most probably fearful of your reaction, or equally likely, he has yet to undergo the soul-work required to figure out his own sexuality.

He loves you, and that's good, and as far as you know, he has not been with men in that way...but this does need to get resolved, and it may be that he needs the jolt of possibly losing you to help things along.

I hope that this helps some!

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

6. Ticklish Fish