1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings! :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by godoftheatre, Mar 29, 2013.

1. godoftheatre

godoftheatre Guest

Hi there! Hello to all you "wonderful people out there in the dark!" I thought I should introduce myself:

My name is Casey! I'm 19. I (humbly) call myself the 'god of theatre.' It's my greatest passion and obsession in life, and it's most of what I talk about on a daily basis. I came across this site some time ago but didn't have the courage to create a profile then. I've known that I was gay since I was 13. But I was raised in a very religious home, and I've struggled with accepting my sexuality for years. I spent every single day of the last six years thinking, worrying, and praying about it. Then, a couple months ago, I had an epiphany! I realized that it was possible to reconcile my spirituality and my sexuality, and the fact that I'm gay doesn't mean I can't still be a Christian! And when I realized that I could accept both of those things, and that neither one excluded the other, I KNEW it was time to be the person God made me. (NOTE: As I said, I am a Christian, but I'm very tolerant and open-minded, and I don't believe in forcing my views on others. And more importantly, I understand that's not what this site is about, anyway.)

So I started coming out at that point - first to close friends, and then to some family members. My parents were, of course, the hardest people to tell. They say they still love me and they won't kick me out or disown me or anything like that. My dad says he wants to be supportive, but I feel like he's not totally on board. My mom loves me, but I know she's not happy about it at all. It's not the ideal situation, but it could be a lot worse. Apart from them, everyone else I've told has been extremely supportive and loving. I am so appreciative for that.

I also want to say how appreciative I am of this site. I think it's such a wonderful resource for anyone questioning themselves and their sexual/romantic orientation. I wish that I had used it sooner. But there's little point in pining over lost chances. The point is, I'm here now, and I'm here to stay! I hope I have some useful advice to share. Any help I can offer, I'm glad to give!

So I look forward to meeting new people, making friends, and submitting my two cents every now and then. I promise that you'll see lots of me in the future! Lol. I'll wrap it up now. Take care, all! <3

2. Wolfie Charm

Welcome to EC! And yay for epiphanies!! More people should have them lol.

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Casey :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. rob625

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual