1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've never been one for introductions...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by DoctorJones, Mar 29, 2013.

1. DoctorJones

Mostly because I feel weird talking about myself. Like, how does anything I have to say in any way matter to the rest of humanity? But, according to a dear - currently hated - friend of mine, its a mandatory social convention I must adhere to. So here I go!

Hello!

You can call my Alex. I am a 16 year old cisgender female. I live in California and attend preparatory school currently. I am also a part time college student. My family is very christian and conservative. They believe very strongly that homosexuality is a sin, which is why I have only come out as a lesbian to two friends - we'll call them Lane and Bay, for privacy reasons. Lane is my closest friend. We do everything together. She loves me when I can't love myself and has supported me from the start. If it wasn't for her, I would have given up a long time ago. She has literally saved my life. With her encouragement, I have become involved in Sea Cadets, ballet, boxing, hoop dancing, and a million other things.

I'm not really sure what else to say about myself...I'm really not very interesting! Oh, I love films and photographs. Any kind. I firmly stand on my belief that film and photography are the rarest art forms. So many people try and fail to master these arts and that is what makes the masters so unique.

And that's basically it. I don't really know what else to say! I'd be happy to answer questions if anybody wants to know anything more about me.

2. Wolfie Charm

Welcome to EC!! What are Sea Cadets? I have an idea, but wanna hear from someone who actually knows. :slight_smile:

3. DoctorJones

Thanks!

Sea Cadets is a program offered to adolescents and sponsored by the Navy, Coast Guard, and Marines. The program allows former service members to set up local units for teens between the ages of 11 and 18. Cadets have the opportunity to attend recruit training which is a shortened, less intensive version of boot camp. Cadets learn the history of the Navy and other branches, what is expected of them should they join, how to get into Annapolis - and other military schools - and get a hands on experience. My squadron is very involved in our community. Our color guard presents for nearly every community event and assists the veterans. We also preform at Fleet Week in San Francisco, which is a week dedicated to honor Navy servicemen.

4. Wolfie Charm

Ah, so I was right. We seem to call it ROTC over here on the east coast.

5. Stripe101

I could say the typical welcome to EC stuff, but I'm gonna go off on a tangent.

[​IMG]

6. DoctorJones

Here, ROTC is a program for uni students. Its funny how one word can have two entirely different meanings in different places!

Haha I absolutely LOVE that picture! That's one of my favorite films :slight_smile: Pure genius!!! Sorry, fangirl moment

#6 DoctorJones, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  7. BornInTexas

*salutes* We're glad to have you aboard the S.S EC! :slight_smile:

8. Kay

Kay Guest

Welcome to EC!!!

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual