1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Ariadne, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Ariadne

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Very unoriginal thread name, but what can I do about it? Lol

I'm Ariadne. I'm a university student majoring in Earth Sciences, which is probably my biggest passion and the thing I'm most obsessed with. My goals in life include doing scientific work on other planets, maybe even visiting one. I'm also a gamer and an amateur artist. I play the piano and draw. As you can see, I'm a little bit of an nerd :slight_smile:

However, I'm a little bit shy when it comes to talking, the fear of being judged is always around, but after looking through these forums I've come to the conclusion that it's a lovely community with very accepting and caring members, so I thought why not give it a try?

As for the reason I'm here, I guess it varies. I've always been attracted to males and females alike (but no one knows about it), but lately, I've noticed I'm practically incapable of caring for men and feel strongly attracted by women. I've never kissed another girl, let alone date one, but things just don't feel right with men. After the initial "attraction" wears off, I feel like I'm in an empty relationship. There's no emotional or sexual attraction.

Since I started to question my sexuality, I've been in three relationships with men - they all ended the same. I felt like there was nothing happening between us (from my side, anyway). Even though they were extremely sweet to me and I had nothing to complain about, things didn't feel right and being called their "girlfriend" annoyed me, so I broke up with them.

So, here I am, questioning who I'm capable of loving and feeling attracted to. Hopefully I'll fit in :slight_smile:

2. Wolfie Charm

Welcome to EC! Earth science is an awesome field!!

3. Femmeme

Hello and welcome! EC is a wonderful place and I bet you'll fit in just fine. (*hug*)

4. LD579

Hello, and welcome. Ariadne is a cool name, regardless of whether it's your given name or not. I feel like I had to point it out.

Is your avatar a bird? If so, is it yours? It looks very cute.

5. Ariadne

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for the welcomes!

No, sadly, it's not my real name. I'm just frightful of using my real name online in fear of being recognized. And no, it's not my parrot, but I do have a passion for parrots and have been working with them for the longest time :slight_smile:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!