1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newBIe here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by daisy123, Apr 13, 2013.

1. daisy123

Hi All,

I'm sitting on the couch, having been a strolling member, and I decided now was the time to introduce myself. I'm a 33 year old married bi. I've been married almost 13 years and have 1 child.

I came out to my husband and several friends about 8 years ago. My husband was shocked at first and we went through a lot. I sought support and I decided I had to be who I am. A little over three years ago, my husband finally agreed to be supportive of me having a relationship with a woman. After realizing I was ready to end our marriage, from his threats, something clicked and he was 'ok'. A year later, I met my ex-gf. And gosh, I loved her. We dated for 1 yr 10 months before the most awkward, heartbreaking break-up ever! I am still heart-broken and hurt. My husband was extremely support and her husband was shocked we broke up! Nonetheless, I'm sad, lonely (in the female/female) kinda way, and I feel like I'll never had another relationshp with a woman. I guess it doesn't help I have strict policies: I will NOT date an unmarried woman, I will NOT date a woman who is NOT out to her husband and her husband is ok with us, I MAY date a woman without children but I prefer if she has at least one child...and she can not be contemplating divorce. I guess this means I'll be single and tormented forever.

I came onto this site for support, because being bi and married is an extremely frustrating thing, to hopefully meet other people who understand that the best of both worlds is the most ridiculous thing they've ever heard, and to be surrounded by other people who can at the very least understand my situation.

I do not want to leave my husband...I am VERY MUCH in love with his sexy behind, my daughter does not know...and that's how I like it until she is much older. My husband has been extremely supportive as well. I have told my mother, my sister, several friends, and school associates.

Just wanted to finally say hi.

2. campervankid

Hi, welcome to EC! I want the best of both worlds too kinda because I want to be able to bring home the person I love in the future and have my family accept that I can feel the same love for them as straight people do for their other half but I know they are going to see me differently from my straight brother and sister. But I'm just moaning, I'm sure it isn't as frustrating as how you feel, so welcome to EC and I hope you fiind the support you need. :slight_smile:

3. daisy123

Ty campervankid,

although I absolutely abhor the phrase, "best of two worlds," I understand how you feel. When I was with my ex-girlfriend, I told my mom. I wanted nothing more than to have her accept all of me...BUT it was a complete disaster. I did meet my ex's mom....but to not be able to share someone you love for whatever reason...is just horrible. I guess now it's for the good since we are no longer together :frowning2: BTW, image what your family would say if you were married to your significant other (whom they finally accepted) and then, while happily married and in love, you start dating another person of a different sex (than your significant other) and you ask for their acceptance?

Thank you so much for your warm, accepting, nonjudgemental welcome....it feels nice to be able to say something without everyone acting like your some kind of cheating whore. :slight_smile:

4. LailaForbidden

Welcome fellow bisex! I hope you find what you're looking for here :slight_smile:

(by the way, your gender says 'male'. Just a heads up!)

5. campervankid

Your welcome. I guess you're right, that would be more difficult. I hope that you do find a way to be 100% happy one day soon.

6. charlieswife

hey and welcome, a little confused..your profile says male? :slight_smile:

7. Kay

Kay Guest

Welcome to EC!!

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

9. PrettyLilLiar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello, I am a newbie as well. I am in a similar situation, I have been with a man for 14 years but I am bi and he knows it but no longer condones it with our children. My children have no clue. How did you come out to telling your husband that you wanted to be with women as well? Do you think about telling your kid? Please read my post "Breaking up a happy home??? Help!" for full info.
    Thank you for sharing your story and I would love to learn how you handled your situation.

10. daisy123

Thank you all for the welcome and for letting me know I accidentally selected male as my sex. I am a female :slight_smile:

@ PrettyLilLiar, I made the decision after spending a year thinking about it and researching it, joining female online communities and talking with other women. I researched all the options, including divorce, and self-analyzed how 'important' this was to me and what I was willing to do about it. I did not tell my child, however my ex-gf was introduced as 'auntie'. Luckily I have not had to answer any questions about 'auntie'. I will read your post now.

I was a long process waaaay before even considering looking for a companion.

---------- Post added 14th Apr 2013 at 06:49 PM ----------

@PrettyLilLiar, I tried to find your post, but I am unsure where to look. I did not see a search option on the site and I'm not sure which category to find it under.
    Thanks.