1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi! =)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by moonwillow, Apr 14, 2013.

1. moonwillow

So I finally decided to actually join the forum. I've poked my head in a couple times and looked around but finally decided to stop being such a wuss and join. I'm a bit nervous with new situations sometimes but considering the lack of community where I live, I figure it'll be nice to make some new friends here.

I'm 29, have two kids from a previous marriage, and am currently dating the woman I've been in love with since before I got married to the kids' dad. It took her and I years to finally be together, with lots of heartache on both our parts, but we are finally where we are meant to be. Together. Life is interesting right now as we still all try and adjust to everything (I've been officially divorced for almost 7 months, she's been living with us for almost 5), and by all of us I mean her and I, the two kids, and my ex.

My relationship with him ended horribly after a pretty horrible marriage and every day I am having to deal with him still trying to manipulate and control me by using our kids. My g/f hates him and what he did to me while we were married and she hates that he is still able to get to me the way he does. I don't like it either, but she is having a real hard time dealing with it lately.

Anyway my main reason, like I mentioned, was there doesn't seem to be much of an lgbtq community where we live, we have only run into one other two mom family at the park (and only one time) and I'm really hoping to make some friends or at least talk to people with situations a little closer to mine. I look forward to meeting you all =).

2. LD579

Hello, and welcome. That sounds like quite a situation you're in... I unfortunately cannot offer any solid advice, personally.

Still, though, I hope you find the comradery and company you hope to gain here =) We're here to support you, so let us know if there's anything we can do, or if there's anything you need to get off of your chest.

3. Mrcake

Hello MoonWillow! It is good to see that you joined these wonderful forums! I am glad that you took the step to end your fragmented marriage to be with the one person that you love. I hope that you can leave your manipulative ex husband and move away to your dreamland with your kids. Take advantage of this community, because people are here to answer your questions.

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello and Welcome!! :3

5. Perseus

Welcome! You will surely get a lot of advice on the forums! :slight_smile:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

7. Christianna

Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC... hmm... advice... mine is usually terrible.... buy a old house across from a gay hating church and paint it bright fuzzy colors :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: like i said not great at advice but I can do funny well.

8. charlieswife

hi there,great name :slight_smile: congratulations on pursuing love and not just settling. not been in your situation but have a good listening ear :slight_smile:

9. moonwillow

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, this really seems like just the type of place I've been looking for =).

10. Kay

Kay Guest

Hugs and welcome to EC!!!

11. MapleCross

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome. I am sorry to hear that you are still being hassled by your ex husband. This is always a hard situation as you still have the children in common.

I hope that you find support here