1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Noob alert*

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Music Madness, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Music Madness

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey all,
    I'm just introducing myself... I'm new not only to this forum, but to the whole accepting myself as being bi thing. Lol. :rolleyes:

I'm 23 and I've been in a LOT of denial over the years (due to a strict religious upbringing, not to mention some other stuff). I've been fighting with myself for about 3 years, trying to figure out what I am and "define" myself (so basically while being thoroughly in denial, I was trying to figure out if I was bi... talk about messed up! Hahahaha! :roflmao:slight_smile:, but it was only last week while reading an interview with Zachary Quinto (he's Spock in the latest Star Trek movies) and about his coming out and what he was saying about that, that it really sort of hit me (almost out of nowhere) that I'm bi, and that it's okay to be this way. :grin:

Over the last 3 years I've only minutely talked to my dad about the possibility, and while he's okay and supportive of it, he's confusing me a bit as to whether or not I'm actually bi, or whether or not I just see women as attractive, in a non-sexual way. - Which I really don't think is the case, but with this all being so new it's still kind of confusing, lol.:rolle: In saying that, deep down I think I consider myself bi! :icon_bigg

I haven't come out to my friends or other family members yet, which I'm sort of scared to do as my cousin (who is also one of my best friends) is EXTREMELY religious in the anti-LGBT kind of way (which is unfortunately how I was raised :bang:slight_smile:, and I don't yet feel comfortable talking to my other family members who aren't anti-LGBT (though in saying that I don't think they'll care much... Just harass/annoy me in that affectionate-joking kind of way that only your friends and family can do, without it being insulting, lol! :icon_bigg). However I plan on telling my other best friend (who is pro LGBT) as soon as the "right time" pops up.

I'm slowly doing some research on how to continue accepting myself, and just the basic understandings of being bisexual (I'm a total nerd when it comes to learning about stuff, so I actually find this sort of thing fun! :eusa_danc), and just that kind of thing. :icon_wink

2. Hey! Welcome to EC! I hope you find the information you are looking for and I hope that you enjoy your stay!

3. lillyflowerpow

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm in the same position ^^ Except I'm a girl. I'm still questioning whether or not I'm Bi. I definatley have a thing for guys, but I also like the feeling when you hug a smaller girl and you can protect them, if that makes sense, lol anyway my friends don't care about a persons sexuality or anything, but I'm still scared to tell them I'm attracted to girls too >.< I guess they'll pick it up one day if it becomes obvious

4. Hexagon

Welcome to EC :slight_smile: I hope you find your answers.

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, keep reading and posting, it's amazing what you'll figure out!

6. Hysteria

Welcome to EC, I hope you enjoy your stay. :slight_smile:

7. Ticklish Fish

hello hi and welcome to forum!

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

9. Music Madness

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow thanks for all the welcoming sporty everyone, it's great to feel accepted! =)
    I should just mention though as there seems to be a little confusion, I am actually a girl, not a guy lol! ;-)