1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from a confused newbie

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Rower, May 2, 2013.

1. Rower

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi there,

I found this website about half an hour ago when searching 'coming out to yourself' into google. I am 19 and currently in my first year of uni and have recently been having a battle with myself about my sexuality. Only about half an hour ago was the first time I properly thought of the possibility I could be anything other than straight.

I feel really quite confused with everything at the moment. I have never had a partner and since being at uni my track record of getting with people on nights out is not very straight at all!! I don't usually make out with people on nights out but this year I had one night out when I was very drunk and ended up making out with 2 guy strangers and one girl I kind of knew.. I don't remember this and didn't think anything of it, girls make out with their friends as jokes all the time, right?? A few months later (a few weekends ago), my flatmate has 2 friends that I'm pretty sure are straight but get a bit lesbianish with each other when they get drunk.. well I got super drunk and made out with both of them. I don't find either of those two attractive though, so again, didn't think an awful lot of it except every time I see them I exchange looks with my flatmates (who are close friends) and I am starting to question myself properly for the first time in my life.

For the first time I am questioning whether I am straight. As my flatmates know I have made out with some girls sometimes they make comments hinting (jokingly) that I am a bit gay. I am thinking back to my time at school and am realising I may have had slight crushes on some of my friends. I was (and think I still am) in denial. I took these feelings as just wanting to be close friends with these people, but they didn't like me as much as I liked them (as friends).

Anyways, thank you for reading, I hope you can give me some help or advice. I have just written a lot down that I would not tell anybody right now.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

3. Niko

Hi, welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to the Forums! :slight_smile:

5. SomeKindMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi! I'm new too

6. Obscurity

Welcome. :slight_smile: I am also new, but I came to (mostly) terms with my sexuality years ago.

Basically, I just decided to let be what may. I decided that trying to fit myself to a label was too hard and too frustrating, so I just said, "Who cares?" I'll be attracted to whoever I'm attracted to, no matter what I do about it. I've found myself attracted to men, women, and transgenders. Sometimes it's a physical attraction, sometimes it's an attraction to their personality. If I was not already in a committed relationship, though, any of the more serious attractions (not just "Dang, s/he is hot!") I could see myself having been with in a romantic relationship.

I think sometimes labels get in the way of us just being ourselves, if that helps.