1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Shadowfang, May 3, 2013.

1. Shadowfang

Shadowfang Guest

Hi i'm Courtney and i'm totally new to the whole online internet think but I decided to give it a shot. I've been thinking a lot lately about my sexuality and I think i'm a lesbian. Not sure what i'm suppose to do about it though cause I don't know how my family or friends would react, figured I would come on this website and seek out advise.

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Courtney :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Shadowfang

Shadowfang Guest

Thanks Dublin Boy

4. soccergirl16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Courtney!

5. Shadowfang

Shadowfang Guest

Hi soccergirl16

6. Foxface

Welcome Shadowfang. I am new to this site as well and recently came out as bi. So far in my short time here people have been great

hope you enjoy!

7. Shadowfang

Shadowfang Guest

Thanks for the welcome Foxface

8. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    :welcome: (*hug*)

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

10. Shadowfang

Shadowfang Guest

Thanks for the welcomes

11. Dufflepud

Hey there, and welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay xD.

12. Obscurity

Welcome to EC. :slight_smile: I definitely understand worrying about family. My family has no idea, and I was lucky enough to fall in love with a man, so they never have to know. I know for a fact my father would disown me, and I'm not sure how my mother would react. She would probably be really disappointed but eventually give up.

13. Vanishing Velma

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good evening (well in Cali) and welcome to the site, Shadowfang :slight_smile: Hope you enjoy it here and PM me anytime you'd like as strange as it sounds.

14. LadyDragon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi Courtney, I'm new here also, but welcome!

I would wait til you are sure before "comming out" to the family, especially if you think they may not take it so well. Sometimes it is better to wait til you have made up your own mind first, that way you know there is a reason to stir things up with them before doing it.

Of corse if your family is open or accepting of these kinds of things, it MAY be easier to just be open and honest and let them know you are exploring new things. I was surprised how many people have families who are cool with this sort of thing and even supportive.

...but ultimately a lot will depend on you and your family, and you know them better than we do. Think about what kinds of things they say about the subject when it comes up, on se level you should have an idea how accepting or supportive they are likely to be.

I am not in the majority on this point, but I am of the opinion that there are no "straights" and no "Gays", rather these are types of acts. There are acts of homo and hetero sexuality, sexual acts do not need to define who or what we are. In my life I've known many gay men who live the majority of ther lived forcing themselves to try to overcompensate because they were in denial to their selves first. If a gay guy can spent 16+ years raising a family in a hetero relationship.... But by nature tends to be homosexual you know like Brokeback mountain, then they are fooling themselves. And there are famously straight guys who are "gay for pay" because it pays better.

But if you stop thinking of gay or straight as a different species of humanity, and look at the behavior of sexual attraction is infinitely complex, because can chose to act on our impulses or not. You can do something hetero or homosexual , the bottom line is you are still YOU in the end. It's not a costume, gays don't all always wear green, straights don't always wear blue, and the point of that is you can always just change your shirt, it doesn't define you unless you allow it to. :slight_smile:

15. Shadowfang

Shadowfang Guest

Thanks for the welcomes Dufflepud, Obscurity, Vanishing Velma, and thanks for your input LadyDragon, you've given me some things to think about :slight_smile:

16. BudderMC

A gamer named Shadowfang? Makes me think of this:
    [​IMG]

Welcome to EC! :grin:

17. Shadowfang

Shadowfang Guest

Nice pic BudderMC, what game is it from?

18. confeshhhions

Hi Courtney!! Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

This site has really helped me after I realised I was bi, and I'm slowly but surely accepting it and thinking of telling my famil due to some of the support from the people here.

So, I'm always here if you need to chat or vent :slight_smile:

19. Shadowfang

Shadowfang Guest

Thanks confeshhhions :slight_smile:

20. BudderMC

Vindictus. :slight_smile: