1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey everyone

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SomeKindMonster, May 3, 2013.

1. SomeKindMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey! I'm new to this whole thing, and I'm very nervous about this. Quite honestly, I took a leap of faith joining this website, and I'm not sure what to expect. I have been struggling for years over my sexuality. I've always known I was bi, but I just could never accept it. However, recently within the past two weeks I have fully accepted myself. So far, it feels great, and for now, I'm just happy like this. But I'm planning on coming out to my two best friends, maybe when I hang out with them next weekend, maybe later.
    The good thing about my situation is that I live in New Hampshire, which seems to be somewhat more accepted of the LGBT community. I know for a fact that my parents and friends will be accepting of me. However, I still am scared to come out. I have many concerns, but my biggest is the fear that I will change myself. Not only that, but at my small school of 600 kids, there are only 2 openly gay kids, and no bis. I am afraid to approach either of them for support. I'm kinda shy.
    So, that's the short version of my story. This is the first time I have ever reached out.

2. cowboymarine21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    this site is a good palce for gays coming out and getting advise

3. Niko

Hi, Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:
    Everyone here is super supportive, so don't feel shy or hesitate to ask for something. Hope you like it here!

4. santaberry

Just remember your sexual orientation is just another tidbit about you like how you like your steak cooked. Don't let it define you. I feel you on the topic of fearing you will change. Treat it as any other issue where when the going gets tough you just turn to those who care for you and will support you. I wouldn't worry about who is and isn't gay or bi at your school. Just follow your heart and be yourself as best as the world allows.

Oh and welcome! :slight_smile:

#4 santaberry, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  5. SomeKindMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the kind words, guys!

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

7. SomeKindMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  8. Obscurity

It is a great thing that your family and friends will be supportive! That's hugely important, and it is something I never had until I started finding new friends who I knew would accept me as I am. My family? Well, they are just never going to know.