1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice is what we ask for when we wish we didn't already know the answer

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Pippi Beautemps, May 12, 2013.

1. Pippi Beautemps

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi All

By way of introduction I guess I'll share my tale of woe. I am a twice divorced mum of two boys, who after a year in a same sex relationship, and the subsequent traumatic ending of said relationship, have finally faced her truth and who can now say, with a sigh of relief, that I am Gay. I. Am. Gay!

The irony of this is that it cost me my relationship to be able to say this. During my time with The Divine Ms. E., and for reasons I am still trying to comprehend, I simply could not, or would not let go of the idea that I was straight. Only to find that every single thing I clung to, and which made perfect sense at the time, felt like one gigantic lie the moment it dawned on me that I had actually, finally, lost her. I had systematically destroyed the most beautiful and meaningful thing that had ever come across my path, and in the process I have hurt beyond repair, the one person that I could truly say, for the first time in my life, that I loved.

So now I am left to cope with my grief, and with the daunting task of figuring out: What the hell next? Where to from here?

I have no idea, but like she keeps telling me...It is what it is. Anyhoo...now that I have you all gnawing your wrists, I guess all that is left is to say...where's the coffee? :slight_smile:

2. Jordz

Sorry to hear about all you've gone thru, but I'm glad you can finally admit it to yourself (*hug*)

Welcome to ec :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

I'm sorry that you had to go through so much before you could admit it to yourself.