1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Genderfluid New to Empty Closets!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Balloonwolf, May 12, 2013.

1. Balloonwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, everyone! Just refer to me as balloonwolf, or Brandy. My birth gender is male; however, I've recently discovered after some time recovering from a horrible relationship, that I might possibly genderfluid with an identity preference towards female.
    Growing up, I didn't see my parents much, but I enjoyed playing pretend with my siblings, including playing with dolls and an easy-bake oven. In school, I was around female friends more so than male friends--guys can be just jerks in school, I noted.
    Two years ago, I came out to my parents as bisexual/gay and dated another man for around a year. Things didn't go well, and it ended with both of us scarred/hurt terribly. It was a nice relationship, but, again, it didn't turn out well.
    A few days ago after I met with a therapist, I had realized I'm more sensitive than the average guys, and I do prefer to be seen in a feminine light. It wasn't brought up in the session, but I want to bring up my gender now as I remember wanting purses and such only a year or so ago.
    Looking to learn more, I decided to join this forum, and would love some help with identification. I prefer to date women over men, but I still feel as though I could be genderfluid...possibly androgynous or transgender. Help? :icon_sad:

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome, Sister Brandy. I'm sorry that you've had such negative experiences. I'm kind of confused by gender as well, and I identify very strongly with all of my family members in the queer community (yes, I see you as my family) who are non-gender conforming or non-binary.

You can always write on my wall if you have questions or need a place to vent.

In sisterhood,

Adrian.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

It's nice to see some other gender non-binary people around here!

I'm sorry to hear that coming out to your parents did not go well. I had to deal with a family member that was not ok with me as well. It's really hard.

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello and Welcome!