1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking the Plunge....

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by aliveandwell, May 21, 2013.

1. aliveandwell

aliveandwell Guest

....into vulnerability. Feeling nervous and shy -- with a dash of a certain freedom in speaking to others, albeit under the cover of anonymity. Hoping that through communicating with others, some of what I've carried quietly my whole adult life will become more comfortable to myself. I am who I am - and mostly, I like that guy. I hope also to one day be able to speak here freely without self-consciousness over who can read this, connect the dots and figure out it's me. Paranoia runs deep, don't it? Freedom. Now or never. I'm getting to be too old to wait any longer to fully own who I am. Thanks for listening.

2. Keegan24

Hello Aliveandwell, welcome :welcome:

I only joined a few days ago and already that same sense of being shy and nervous has disipated to be replaced by the somewhat addictive sense of freedom of expression.
    No one judges you here and If your worried about someone connecting the dots I would be asking them why they were on EC in the first place.

So if you would want a fellow newbie as a friend feel free to add me :smilewave

3. Femmeme

Welcome to EC! and congratulations on taking this first step. It really does feel big and scary, but everyone here is wonderful and supportive and understanding. (*hug*)

4. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello There, Alive and Well--

I'm new here, too. I'm 42 and just now admitting fully to myself something I've known my whole life. I'm glad you had the courage to come here and reveal your true self. If there's one thing I can say, it's that you're right: You're too old to not live an authentic life. Really, everyone should live an authentic life, but at some point, you come to the realization that this life isn't infinite and there's absolutely no point in living it as someone you're not. That's what I came to realize, and that's why I'm here.

So welcome--I hope you find friends, comfort and support here.

--Zoe

5. LateRobert

Welcome Aliveandwell,

It is never too late to be yourself and what you want to be. You will find many of us late bloomers here on this site with so much knowledge and support for people like us.

Hope to hear more about you soon.

Robert

6. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey! welcome! :slight_smile:

I soo understand what youre going through :slight_smile: EC and me, is here to support you! it is never too late for now :slight_smile:

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome, fellow-traveller, to EC, Aliveandwell! If you are here you are indeed alive and well...on your way to discovering yourself, at the very least, and much about the wonderful variety of sexual orientations that are represented here!