1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yo.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Phaedrus, May 22, 2013.

1. Phaedrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, uh, I am the worst at introductions.

I'm mid-20s, likely trans, not very happy about it or comfortable with it. (Family would hate me if they knew, which means I just sit in my closet and make shadow puppets.) I am "out" to one person, as of a few weeks ago, and...I dunno. Acceptance felt nice. I guess I'd like more of it, especially since my dysphoria's been getting worse.

I'm a skittish person. Horrible at talking about myself and my gender issues, hate to do it because I'm sure I'll be judged and found wanting and awful and broken, and that even if nobody says it they're all thinking it and maybe rolling their eyes for good measure. I've no clue what I'm doing here, really! But since I am here, hello.

2. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Phaedrus,

Welcome to EC. Thanks for coming here. It took a lot of courage for you to come on and introduce yourself. I'm so sorry you're struggling so much. Have faith, though, that you'll find no judgement here. I'm new here myself, but even in the few hours since I've signed up, I've read lots of posts, and I've found nothing but acceptance. I am just now coming out myself, so I can't help you with how to do that.

But I will say that life is too short to hate yourself and beat yourself up for who you are. I know it's easier said than done, but please know you're not alone in your struggles. There are people who have gone through what you are going through and can offer you help and advice.

Thanks for being here. I know you'll find the support and acceptance you're looking for.

--Zoe

3. Niko

Hey, Welcome to EC! No one here will judge you for who you are. This is the one place where I can be myself and say that I'm a transman openly, without any fear of being judged

I'm sure you'll like it here. Plenty of great advice and support going around. So don't hesitate to ask; and don't hesitate to be yourself! (*hug*) Enjoy your stay. :slight_smile:

4. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

Hello! Welcome to EC! :grin:

5. Samson

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC, I hope you will find some answers here.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!