1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new member from Viet Nam. Surprised!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by TedWade, Jun 4, 2013.

1. TedWade

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi guys!
    Just found out this amazing forum on Google and I've registered as a member right away. I am a gay dude and I am still in College now. I also got a part time job as a teacher's aid. It's great to be here. I've never been a member of any overseas forum.

Please excuse my poor English 'cause my mother tongue is Vietnamese and everyone here doesn't speak English so I only have few chances to practice English. Hope you don't mind.

I'd like to read all the story and all the questions, answers here in this forum. I feel so related to it. I still haven't come out yet, it's so hard for me, my family stills think gay is a disease and it's a sin so I am quite awkward if my family ever find out that I am a gay man.

But luckily that I am extremely open-minded so for me, being gay is a gift and I am so happy to be gay. It helps me a lot when being a gay person cause I have my emotional intelligent, I find it really easy to attract other people or understand them or walk on their shoes so everything in my life is very easy. I work well with people.

I have no boy friend now. When I see a man and if he looks at me, I usually turn away and act like I am not gay. I don't know why. I am quite good-looking but I don't have a boy friend. I just wanna have a serious relationship so right now, I still keep finding my soul mate and hope I will see him in the future. Maybe he's sleeping right now.

Glad to be here. I wish all of you best lucks and all the best in your life. Just want you to know that you are not alone and we should be proud of ourselves cause we are unique and awesome!
    Cheers! :smilewave

2. Dins3label

I agree this site is just awesome overall.

And by the way, you have awesome English skills. You will find that soul mate, but what I find is that its ok to try going on dates with guys. Don't whore yourself around, but work at constructive things to help you meet that possible guy.

How do you know that guy who checked you out couldn't have been something special??

Best of luck and welcome!

3. ilovebears

This made me so happy. I love your attitude! Welcome, and I'm glad you are who you are!

4. Candace

You're so cool! Hello and welcome to EC! :grin:

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi TedWade :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

Tôi hy vọng bạn tìm thấy những câu trả lời mà muốn ở đây :slight_smile:

6. Hiems

Hey, a fellow Viet guy! :grin: Welcome to EC.

I think some Viet people are still reticent towards the LGBT community, but there's still some progress being made. There was a pride parade in Hanoi awhile ago and there were no violent incidents/disruptions... so we're moving along slowly but surely.

Lol, I feel so bad b/c I could only understand some of the words in that sentence: Tôi = I, tìm thấy = find, câu trả lời = answers, ở đây = here. Then again, I was born and raised in NYC, not Vietnam :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

8. TedWade

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there Dins3label! Thanks for your compliment about my English. I really love it so I am trying my best to learn it, hope I will speak English as good as my mother tongue some day. It will take a long time but I won't give up. I will take your advice in my, I still waiting to date the right guy. I do like some dudes but they are all straight, unfortunately. But I will keep fighting :slight_smile:) Really appreciate you. Wish you the best. And what's your name by the way?

Hi mate, we should be proud of ourselves right? I hope you will feel the way I feel as well. Thanks for your welcome. ^^

Hello there! Thank you, nice to be welcomed by you :slight_smile:

Haha, cám ơn, tiếng Việt của bạn thật là tốt. I just said "Thank you, your Vietnamese is really good". Thank for welcoming me by Vietnamese. Thank you!

Woo, I agree. Lots of closet gay men still lives here and they are extremely reticent towards gay stuffs. Don't wanna anyone know about that cause it may ruin their career or relationship. But thank gods that my friends are really open-minded about gay/less and LGBT stuffs, or at least they know it's not a sin. Just the previous generation takes it seriously. Thank you and nice too see your reply.

Lol, I feel so bad b/c I could only understand some of the words in that sentence: Tôi = I, tìm thấy = find, câu trả lời = answers, ở đây = here. Then again, I was born and raised in NYC, not Vietnam :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And your understanding is totally correct. How come you knew it?

Hi mate, nice day man, glad to see your reply. Thanks a lot!

9. MixedNutz

Totally agree, your attitude is great! Welcome to EC

and your English is good!

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your English is good! Hello!

11. yeah, oh god growing up in NJ killed my vietnamese reading abilities /sob