1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wanted to say Hi!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by merlin, Jun 6, 2013.

1. merlin

merlin Guest

Hi everyone,

This is not only my first time on this site (which I found by accident), but my first time being part of a forum at all in my entire life. Since I'm over 50, some of you might think I've been in a different world, but I'm actually quite techie (nerdy?) and what one would call an early adopter of new technology. Just talking online was never my thing. So, now I'm part of this community and the reason I joined is because people seem to mature and understanding and not focused on "you know what" as many other sites I visited (briefly). OK, my story is not unlike others I already read. I am married for over 20 years, 2 lovely children (although my wife and I will be empty nesters soon) and from the outsider's perspective, we live a nice and comfortable life. However, I have doubts about my sexual orientation since being a teenager (so, that's a long time) and had several crushes on (straight) guys. Most recently, I fell hard and deep for a young man who again is straight (so he at least claims) and came out to him. He is very understanding and tries to help me getting my life sorted out, but he also indicates he is not interested in me, so I have to learn to live with that (but as I can tell from many of your stories, easier said than done). My wife knows (due to an unfortunate incident I will not further discuss, and no, not that kind of incident :icon_wink) and so far has been very supportive. She has a hard time understanding/accepting I may be gay (I still have to find out for myself if that is indeed the case), but wants to give me some space to explore my feelings. There are some other complications, but I'll leave that for another time. I just wanted to give you all some background and to say I look forward interacting with you as it was an eyeopener to see so many going through the same motions as I am going through right now.

2. LD579

Hello. Canada is great, I hear =)

Have a few bananas and a group football huddle, 'cause it's all about strategy, baby

(!)(!!):dead: (&&&)

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

4. Xochipilli

Well, I wish you the best.
    Welcome to EC!
    Good to have you here. :icon_mrgr

5. KnownSecret

:welcome: to EC!!! I hope you stay for a long time! (*hug*)

6. ilovebears

Welcome! It's nice to know your wife is open, reluctant as she may be. It's really good you've made the relationship work out; that shows quite some selflessness! Yayy.

And congrats to your kids. College is very exciting.

7. Em1234

Em1234 Guest

Hello and welcome to EC :welcome:

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi merlin :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

9. LiveLaughTrans

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Welcome to EC! Hope you like it here!

10. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Merlin and Welcome to EC.

It's good to see you here. I'm one of those who has a similar story to yours. I've 42 and am just now coming out--two weeks ago, to be exact. I'm so glad you're wife is so accepting.

Anyway, glad you're here.

-Zoe

11. merlin

merlin Guest

Hi everyone who was so kind to reply to my first posting. I'm very happy with your warm words of welcome and it feels like being among friends who truly understand the issues I'm facing. I hope I can make some useful contributions and perhaps even more importantly, learn from your experiences. I'm sure we all have demons to fight, but fighting them with friends does raise the odds in one's favour :icon_bigg

Looking forward to more interactions and thanks again for being so welcoming! (&&&)

12. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Merlin

Welcome to EC. You have found the right place for support, information, and others who understand what it’s like being in your situation.

I joined EC at the beginning of the year and with the support and encouragement of others came out to my wife after nearly 25 years of marriage.

Sale Gay Guy

13. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile: