1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new here .. just need someone to talk to

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by justme310, Jun 8, 2013.

1. justme310

durham .. hartlepool ... depends which direction
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    hi
    the thing is I'm so depressed lately I have been single for almost a year now and I'm really starting to feel so empty and alone, I really feel like I want to be in a loving relationship,I miss those tender moments.

I often wish i wasn't a lesbian because then meeting someone wouldn't be so difficult but the fact is I am and sometimes it really gets to me. I suppose all I want is some kind words to make me feel positive about myself and my future.

2. redneck09

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello and welcome

I know exactly how you feel... I am just coming out and I live in a very small town where the lesbian community is almost none existent. Keep your head up and it will get better.

3. Dins3label

justme310,

I completely understand where you are coming from. You want someone you can always call, someone to love you and make you feel special. I felt this way too especially after I came out. Being in a relationship is so comfortable and special.

We have moments in our life when we find ourselves so utterly alone. I experienced this about 2 months ago. My girlfriend and I broke up after I told her I was gay (we are actually still friends, but this is a side note), and I found myself alone after a three year relationship. In addition, I found myself in an apartment all by myself in a neighborhood I was not used to. Some nights I laid in bed and wondered why I was even there.

Try not to see this time as a period of grief - see it as an opportunity for introspection. Validation from others is good, but I can reassure you that the best feelings come from the inside.

It's harder to find someone when the pool is so limited. Have you gone to places where there are other people around you who are lesbian? In addition, do your friends know? (it says on your profile only family but that might have changed). In this period of being single I have turned my attention to my friendships and have been able to strengthen those bonds. I find that many of the comforts I found in relationships can also be found in your friends.

In conclusion, if we are saying to ourselves "I need a relationship", then we put ourselves at a disadvantage. The right person will come along, often when you don't expect it. You seem like a great person, just a little disheartened.

But truly, a relationship is not a solution to everything, you got to love yourself.

Good luck with everything, I'll be thinking about you!

4. Knight Pan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey. It's hard, yeah. But chin up! Just accept and believe in yourself and you'll find someone. Good luck and welcome to EC!

5. bagginses

bagginses Guest

Hello
    welcome to EC.
    I know how being alone feels. I've been single for 19 years :-(

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

7. Welcome to EC. Sorry you are feeling lonely. I really hope that EC can help to bring down the loneliness. It is nice to have a forum of people here.

8. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Just Me,

I love Dins's advice to you, and I second everything he has to say.

I also wanted to comment on your remark that you wish you weren't a lesbian because it would be easier to meet someone. That's not necessarily true. Yes, the pool is smaller, but I was single for several years between my marriages, before I came to the understanding that I was a lesbian. At the time, I was in my late 30s. I found it very difficult to meet someone and experienced a lot of the same feelings that you wrote about.

All of this is to say, don't be sorry for who you are. The grass always looks greener on the other side. You'll find someone at the right time. Easy for me to say, yes, but I believe it.

Take care of yourself. We're always here if you need to chat.

--Zoe

9. Em1234

Em1234 Guest

Welcome to EC, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling lonely I understand what you mean. I think it comes as part of being single for a long time. I hope you feel better soon!

10. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi justme310 :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

11. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile: