1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everyone :-)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Andrea LS, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Andrea LS

Andrea LS Guest

Hi everyone,
    I'm Andrea or just Andy :slight_smile: I'm 26 and I came out to myself officially in early this year (2013). As my info says, I'm a transgender homosexual girl, and very happy that I can proudly say that!

There's been a whirlwind of emotions since coming out to myself and a couple people I know, but it feels nice to be comfortable in my own skin, knowing what it was that was bothering me all this time. I've known since about 6 or 7 years old that something about me wasn't like other boys. As time passed I buried myself in a false persona to avoid suspicion, to the point of losing nearly all hope on a happy, social, fulfilling life.

Dating proved disastrous, and after living in solitude I came to grips on who I am, but couldn't accept it. In 2012, by complete accident, I stumbled into a bar on what was essentially "gay night", and for the first time felt comfortable in a social situation, even talking with people (I had been painfully shy for a long time). I met a great trans girl who I became friends with, along with other trans women she knew. I started realizing what my trouble has been, and I was gaining confidence.

This year, 2013, the wall fell down completely, and I came out to myself, then soon after a couple friends. What a relief that was! Everyone far more positive than I could imagine.

I'm not really even part-time though I absolutely lo~ve wearing clothes for my real gender! :slight_smile: I'm slowly getting better at makeup too. Other things (cough..tucking..cough) are getting easier as time goes on.

So that's kind of my story so far. I haven't come out to my family yet, we don't really talk much anymore. Even so, I'm not counting it out quite yet.

Cheers, to being yourself!
    :slight_smile:

~Andrea

2. ScatteredEarth

Welcome to the site, I hope you get as much support from the loving people here as I did. Although I must say, tucking seems to be a er.. I don't know.. uncomfortable idea for me because I always imagined people dressing and looking almost exactly like a woman and without the bulge can easily trap men, and it's happened a lot actually. I just hope you're honest with people when you meet them before you plan anything naughty.. /endrant :slight_smile:

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

4. Andrea LS

Andrea LS Guest

Thanks :slight_smile: I'm not really ready to date any time soon, but thank you for your advice.
    I really enjoy being able to post and read here in a safe environment.

5. Em1234

Em1234 Guest

Hey Andrea, Welcome to EC!

6. emz

emz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello Andrea, welcome to EC :slight_smile:

7. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Andrea,

Welcome to EC. So glad you decided to join us. You'll find lots of great people here who can offer lots of support.

:slight_smile:

Zoe

8. Andrea LS

Andrea LS Guest

Thank you everybody <3

9. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hai! :grin: Welcome! ^_^

10. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, welcome to EC. Good luck with your coming out.