1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

marrried to a guy with multiple personalities

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by LEXI189, Jun 14, 2013.

1. LEXI189

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    hi im lexi im 39, and married to a man with d.i.d. its very confusing i always thought he was just diffrent ,he is the sweetest guy untill 2yrs ago he became violent called my work place to see if i was there got me fired,said i was having affairs on him, in 23yrs ive never wanted anyone else.when i would ask why he did that to me he would say he didnt. one night was paticurally violent, he said he seen me kissing another guy we were at home and noone was around. he started hitting me i was yelling please stop,he told me my husband was gone and it was now him he calls hisself d, He said he wanted me gone so he could go have fun,i told him to go if thats what he wanted,then all of a sudden he changed looks and held out his hand and helped me up thats when i met KAT SHE PROTECTS MY HUSBAND AND ME I WAS SO CONFUSED, SHE SAID THAT MY HUSBAND HAS MPD SINCE HE WAS 7 HE HAD BEEN SEXUALLY ABUSED BY GUY COUSINS,SHE INFORMED ME OF HER ROLE AND THAT THERE WAS SEVERAL MORE,I ASKED HER WHY NOONE EVER TOLD ME SHE SAID THAT EVERYONE WAS AFRAID I WOULD LEAVE.WHEN THE ALTERS STARTED TALKING TO MY HUSBAND HE HAD HISSELF COMMITED THEY TOLD HIM THEY WERE NOT LEAVING,COUNTING MY HUSBAND THERE ARE 2 OTHER GUYS D THE MEAN ONE AND DAVE THE GAY ONE, THERE ARE 11 GIRLS, NOT ALL LIKE ME,D DOES NOT HURT ME ANYMORE, I HAVE GOTTON USED TO IT.ANYONE HAVE ANY COMMENTS..(!)::icon_bigg

2. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    Wow, what an interesting story! Welcome to EC!

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

Living with someone with DID is extremely challenging, and it's very difficult to maintain a healthy relationship (not to mention your own mental health.) There are some support groups out there for families of people living with DID. You might try to locate a large mental health center in your area and check with them to see if there's a support group, I think that would be a huge help for you.

It would also be good for you to read up on DID if you aren't familiar with it. There's an autobiography (very intense, but worth the read) called "When Rabbit Howls", written by the various personalities of Truddi Chase, a DID survivor, that I can recommend.

You also have to decide, now that your husband's more violent personalities are surfacing, whether your own safety can be assured. If not, you owe it to yourself to leave, because no matter how much you care for him, your safety is first and foremost.

4. TimTomC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I second reading When Rabbit Howls, also you can find some good documentaries on DID, on youtube, if you're interested in seeing more people with the problem. Multiple Personality Disorder - Documentary - YouTube

I believe multiple personality disorder can be cured, your husband just needs to confront the extreme emotions the personalities are protecting him from, he likely was abused sexually, physically, or mentally, and the personalities are locking away those bad memories, so he might not even remember the abuse. I could be wrong, but from the documentaries, and books I've read/watched on this, that seems to be likely what is causing it.

I just want you to know, if you ever have issues and want to talk you can message me, I'm sorry you have to go through this trouble, but I do support you. :slight_smile:

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!