1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, just found this place :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Tessy, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Tessy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's very strange, I never felt comfortable posting in sexuality forums before because I'm bisexual, and I supposed I felt I was cheating a little?? Haha, I'm so strange ^_^,

Anyway, the strongest earliest memory I have of knowing I'm bisexual was when I was 16 and had just started sixth form. There was a girl a couple years older than me in a law class I was taking and she took my breath away. She wasn't classically beautiful but she had this cute smile that made me feel mushy. I listened to everything she said and idolised her. She had a confidence that I didn't have. I didn't keep in contact with her afterwards because she had a group of friends her own age, but I always look back on her fondly. When I look back earlier there were definitely clues. I never really understood the boundaries with men and women and would treat them the same. I would sleep in a male friend's bed without thinking it was weird because, well, girls sleep in the same bed too right? A lot of people thought things had gone on that hadn't and some guys would get led on, but others seemed to quite like having a girl trust them that much and the comfort (I'd never really even thought of it :S).

When I was 18 I had my first relationship with a girl (younger than me) which lasted 3 years. Throughout this time I didn't tell my family (we'd already been friends before). I don't know why I took so long to tell my parents but I think I must've just been afraid of my homophobic brother finding out. And the longer it got, the more afraid I was that they'd be upset that I hadn't told them. Got myself into a right pickle! It wasn't until a few months ago (I'm nearly 30) that I finally came out to my parents (not my brother though! O_O). When I mentioned my ex, my dad said he wasn't surprised. I asked him to elaborate and he said "You two were unusually close" XD. I think they were a bit sad that I waited so long but bless them, they didn't say anything.

I always thought I'd never come out to my brother (there's some issues from the past between us), but after reading so many posts and just getting tired, I think I might just drop it into the conversation one day. Thing is, I know what his reaction will be. He won't believe me. He'll think I'm making it up to be interesting or whatever. I don't think he really believes in bisexuals. And he thinks being gay is a choice. To the point he tells his 5 year old son to "man up" if he ever cries :frowning2: which breaks my heart.

Wow, I really wasn't planning on writing this much, feels good...

So, um, hi! :grin:

2. Candace

Hello (from across the pond in the States) and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. Tessy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow, I got a reply :grin: yay.

Hi :slight_smile: and thanks!

4. emz

emz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Tessy :slight_smile:

Welcome to EC!

If you ever need to talk just give me a post.

5. wittyusername

Hi and welcome!! :smilewave

6. Tessy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks guys :grin: x

7. BabyKoalas

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey :slight_smile:

I think it's really brave you told your parents after such a long time to be fair. I think if you found the courage to tell them, then there's nothing to stop you telling your brother. If you already know how he's going to react, at least that won't be a surprise to you. But then at least the truth is out there to everyone then and you can give a big old sigh of relief.

If you're tired and want to tell him, then go for it bud. From what I've seen of this place so far, there's a lot of people you could call on if you needed to talk after you did it :slight_smile:

Take care x x x

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!!

9. TheMightyBoosh

Hey! If you ever need anyone to chat to I'm here. That's sad it took you soo long to your parents, but good you did. As for your brother.....well i think you should tell him if that's what you want. Maybe he'll react that way maybe he'll surprise you. Good luck :thumbsup: :slight_smile:

10. connorB

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i am also new to this site and i need some help. I tried to post a new topic for help in the gender identity section, its been almost 24 hours and it hasn't posted yet. It said it had to be approved by a mod first, how long does that normally take?

11. KnownSecret

Hi! :slight_smile: :welcome: to EC! I hope you have a great time here! If you ever need anyone to talk to just to talk or for advice or anything else in particular just send me a wall post :slight_smile: I am always happy to meet new people!!

~Zack~

12. ouji

ouji Guest

Hey there, welcome to EC =)

13. Tessy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the welcome and support guys! :slight_smile:

I did change my 'interested in' status on facebook a few months ago but he either didn't notice (highly likely) or hasn't said anything. I'm kind of hoping he stumbles across it so I don't have to bring it up :S

I do wish I'd told my parents earlier but hey ho :slight_smile:

14. rjrh20

I am also really new to EC but I like the support that I have already gotten.

15. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

16. little dick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Tessy:

What a coincidence!!!! I was just surfing the internet one night, and I found this site.
    So, I thought it looked interesting, and I figured " why not give it a try, so here I
    am ".

I've never really had a problem talking about my sexuality, or about being naked,
    in fact, I really like talking about these two subjects. But some people are uncomfortable with this subject, so I can either not discuss it, or do whatever I want to do. I choose to discuss the subject of my sexuality.

I always thought I was Just normally sexual, I mean I always thought that a bou was supposed to be attracted to girls, so I had a couple of different girlfriends. One really seemed to love me, until she cheated on me. Then, three years later another one came along, and we had a good long run, {almost six years, until she almost ran me over with her stupid car, and then she cheated on me, twice. Two years later, same thing happened. Then my neighbor, { whom I always thought was kind of cute }
    seduced me, by showing up at my doorstep naked as a male bluejay, and wanted to know if I wanted to have sex with him. This was like a dream come true because I had dreamed of this, but I never thought it would happen. This is how I found out that I was bisexual.

Two years passed, and I found out that he had gotten married, so there went that idea. four years and one really bad breakup later, I had been on one of many gay websites, and I met my current girl/boyfriend, Rikki. We started to talk dirty to one another, and we found so much in common.

That's pretty much my story, Hope you like it.

hope we can be friends.

Jayme, A.K.A. little dick }