1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's just talk about...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thesharkamander, Jul 10, 2013.

1. thesharkamander

...dreams.
    Not like wishes, but like, the things that happen when you sleep.

My dreams seem to all exist in the same universe, and I often see people and places that my brain created in multiple dreams, or someone will mention an event that happened in a different dream.
    An example: I had a dream where I was discussing a dream with a group of people, one that (in the dream world) a lot of people had been having.
    The next dream I had was that dream.

Interestingly, I've never had a recurring dream.

So let's talk.

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Am I the only one that thought of [YOUTUBE]hVOTLzF7bR0[/YOUTUBE]

3. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

I almost never remember dreams, but when I do they usually have HUGE impacts on me. Twice in my life, I completely reevaluated my priorities based on a dream.

4. Robellious

Okay So a few nights ago I had about Four dreams in a row.. I have no idea but I only remember one...

Its astonishing that I still remember SOME part of it.

There was a little girl who was trying to find her family, I helped her out and somehow ended up at a party where there was this bug that I messed around with. But this was no ordinary bug, its worse than a wasp.. It just kept cutting at my body and making me bleed everywhere. But it was so fast that I couldnt catch it. and when it came to my face I woke up.

I hate my dreams..

But last night I had a dream of where I was in a bathtub full of blood and the walls were perfect white. It was weird because while I was in the bathtub I saw a Angel killing a devil infront of me. That dream gave me the creeps cause the Angel was like made of rock and light.. it was so strange.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had the strangest dream last night, involving Mexican drug cartels, demon-possessed grandmothers, a Requiem Mass, and meeting up with someone, who turned out to be a total creep, from EC. It was strange, considering how little I dream, and the dreams I do have are usually shorter, less detailed, and far less gruesome in nature.

Lately, most were involving finding some secret location or having an intimate moment with a stranger, sometimes sexually.

I wonder if my depression/anxiety medication, the time spent reading horror novels, or some combination of the two played a part?

6. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Though not exactly a recurring dream, but I've had more or less the same dream two nights in a row. The person in the dream (a man) was a stranger to me in real life, yet I seemed to know him quite well in the dreams. I only remember certain parts of the dreams. The first dream, we were underwater and a shark swam right up to us and gave us both a little nudge with his nose. When he wanted to bite this man (who was a good friend of mine in the dream), I punched the shark. Can't remember what happened next though.

In the "sequel" myself and this man were in a shallow-ish aquarium of sorts, and I remember there was also a shark. He also wanted to take a bite out of us and somehow got a hold of my thumb. Next moment, I shoved marshmellows into his mouth and he let go of me. There was also a blowfish and when startled, when he inflated himself, a whole bunch of smarties would shoot out of his body. Really weird. I don't know what the significance of those dreams were but it was just really weird

Here's a link to an old thread I started about a strange dream I've had

#6 Ruby Dragon, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  7. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never seem to remember my dreams. If I do, they're usually something that I will do or something that I should do.

8. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This one time I had a dream where I was walking along the beach, and suddenly the water levels started rising, and everything started to flood, and I couldn't swim for some reason, and then Victoria Justice was there and it turns out she was raising the oceans with her voice, so I told her to stop because I was going to drown, but she refused because she "likes it better this way" so I could piss off.

That stands out in my mind as easily the strangest dream I've ever had. I usually just dream assorted nightmare visions until I wake up.

9. leer

had a few recurring dreams when i was younger . I was lost in a Forrest calling out for my mum got woken up a few times by mum I was 8 or 9 that freaked me a bit.

10. LinkLarkin

My dreams are usually quite inconsequential. I get over nightmares pretty easily but dreams that are so amazing that I wish they were true can stick with me for weeks.

Twice in the last week I've dreamed that I've been arguing with my parents, I suspect that may be coming out nerves beginning to manifest...

11. SeaMist

Out Status:
    Some people
    For years and years, I very rarely remembered my dreams- I think I remembered three or four dreams in about 13 years. Then I realized that I was gay. Suddenly, I was remembering a lot more of my dreams, and most of the dreams I remembered had some LGBT aspect. There was one of me coming out to a friend (and my mom was pregnant in an elevator); one of a girl I know talking about her sexual orientation (and my alarm woke me up before she said she was gay/bi. I only see her once a year, and it seemed like she was gay or bi, but now I'll never know [well, as much as you can *know* from dreams]); one of my principal outing a guy at my school as trans; one of the first girl I came out to being a mermaid and kissing my head (which was really, really weird, especially bc she's straight and I don't like her, as a person or an object of affections). Who knows?

12. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

That sounds like the kind of dreams I have on a regular basis.

Almost all of the ones I remember are fairly elaborate with multiple "acts" that are usually only vaguely related to one another. At least one of these acts is usually inside a video game, sometimes complete with menus and a HUD. (One recurring theme in my nightmares used to be pausing the game to heal my party/change equipment/etc but to have enemies keep charging me at anyways. It's kind of amazing how much this freaks me out.)

There's also almost always a romance subplot, typically between two women, as well as a gloomy and dark atmosphere. Come to think of it, in all of my dreams, either the skies are overcast or the sun is setting. Every once in a while I'll have dreams take place in the same universe as previous ones. There's never any overlap in characters or locations, but the general style and feeling will be the same.

Then there's the recursive dreams. I have a dream while dreaming and then wake up in the dream. I had one recently where this repeated 5 or 6 times before waking up in real life. It was confusing. :confused:

13. thesharkamander

I actually almost made the first line of the thread "sex dreams."

14. vrrml

i have a dream almost every night, often about the most completely random things. i like them. it makes sleep more interesting:icon_wink

15. HeyAshley

i almost always remember my dreams and they're always things that just wouldn't happen in real life. and it's so weird because 90% of the time when i'm dreaming these ridiculous things i can remember myself thinking in my dream, "i'm dreaming!"

i had a dream 2 nights ago that i was in my high school government class and someone came in to chop off everyone's noses because people were bullying each other over their nose shape/size. and i remember in my dream thinking, "i'm dreaming. i graduated high school 3 years ago and this wouldn't happen in real life." so because i knew i was dreaming i slapped the person next to me for no reason other than the fact that i knew it was a dream and i could do it.

i do this kind of stuff all the time. and i don't think it's normal because when i talk to other people about their dreams, they never realize that they're dreaming.

16. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Dreams are so powerful to me and tend to be mainly about myself being with another man and we are happy in love.
    Quite erotic and very emotional, in a place where unconditional love is all around and the feeling is something which cannot be beaten and it's only when I wake up and find out that it was all a dream, is when the real emotions of loneliness kicks in.
    I have also had many dreams trying to find my mother to see if she is ok and to tell her that I love her (She lost her battle with cancer four years ago)

17. MoyashiAlice

My dreams are often nightmares. :frowning2: I dream about everything wrong in society from war, to torture, to attempted rape and so on. :tears: For a while I was even too scared to sleep because I was having dreams like this 1-2 times a week. :icon_sad:

In terms of romance though, a ton of people on my dreams hit on me, both men and women. Normally I panic in my dreams when this happens though and try to get away from them. (Possibly due to my social anxiety?)

On a lighter note, one of the weirdest moments in my dreams was when this random girl sat down beside me in the school cafeteria, got a really creepy grin and said "Can I rub your thigh?" :lol:

18. thesharkamander

One thing I love about dreams is that I can't get in real trouble for doing things. So I like to do dangerous or stupid things a lot. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Niko

I have very interesting dreams. I think it's from all the video games I play.

In one dream I had, not too long ago, I was Batman...fighting Two-Face, Riddler, and the Joker. Then something happened where I had to fight these guards and since Batman can't kill, my mind switched characters from Batman to Connor (Assassin's Creed 3); and there was a huge killing spree. :lol:

20. thesharkamander

I had a dream where people bled ketchup and then the ketchup blobs turned into really good chocolate chip cookies... ._.