1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Try to describe your voice.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AaronG, Feb 3, 2013.

1. AaronG

AaronG Guest

So me and a friend were talking and we started thinking about our voices.
    I have a very deep monotonous voice, i'm somewhat soft spoken too (at times) if you were to hear me without seeing my face you'd probably think i'm some big strong guy but i'm definitely not.

So i'm curious, can you try to describe your own voice? I know its kinda hard to do through just words but that's what makes it fun:grin:

2. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Oi aye mate!!! Shrimp on da barbay! yoo fookin cunts

I be soundin' loike crocodile dundee.

Lol, kidding. I have a slightly.. deeper voice but it has a feminine tone to it, I can't explain it very well. It sounds pretty kiddish. A very kiddish Australian accented voice.

3. MerBear

my ex said it was deep but i would describe it as a squeaky toy

4. niallhoran

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I stumble over my words a lot. My voice gotten slightly deeper over the past few years, but it's still high in the way that most girls' are.

5. MichaelB

deep and monotone, mixed with a harsh tone because I swear way too much.

People say the combination of my voice and facial mannerisms make me appear to be really aggressive/pissed off all the time, which is the opposite of what I actually am. Not aggressive in the slightest and I'm 80% of the time in a good mood.

Yay for appearing like a grumpy fuck I suppose? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Cthulhu

I don't know how to describe my voice. Average, I guess?

I can do certain impressions, though (Golem, Hank Hill, Optimus Prime, etc.)

7. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha. um. l have no idea. sometimes l feel like l have an unintentional hipster inflection.

this will lead to ####### lol.

8. AaronG

AaronG Guest

This is totally me!

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

i was thinking of doing a ####### recording but i didn't know if it would be against rules or something.

10. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l think it might be now that you say that :confused:

11. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Uh, kind of deep?

At least that's what I've been told.

12. x Wallflower x

I'd say i have an avarange voice not overly high and i tend to speak quite softly. I also have a strong accent (i always get asked where i'm from when i travel) although this is just how i hear myself not sure if it's accurate.

Kate Nash - Foundations - YouTube
    (this is my accent)

13. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It was described as dark once, whatever that means. I'd say it's somewhere between annoying and average.

14. ForceAndVerve

Nope, loads of people left voice recordings in this thread. :eusa_danc

As for me, I have no idea how to describe my voice. My voice isn''t husky or deep. But it isn't high and nor do I have the "gay lisp". As least I don't think I do. :lol:

15. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as whatever site you use to record your voice and store the file has no way to identify or contact you, then it should be OK, but always check if you have a question. For example, you can't use a Youtube account because it provides a way to contact you. But there are other sites that just allow you to link to a file without any way to contact you, and those sites are generally OK.

Somewhere here in the EC archive, we have a "record your voice" thread with a bunch of members having done so. It's worth searching and checking out.

16. Bolin

Hmm... my voice is kinda average-y, leaning on the high side. I'm a tenor when I sing. I'm really soft-spoken, too.

17. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people

What part of England are you from? l like Manchester accents. l am trying to think if l have ever even heard a gay British man with a lisp and IDK.

18. People have told me "OMG your voice is so low," but I don't really think it's that low. It's lower than average but certainly not out of the ordinary. I think I have a de-facto American accent, but an Italian guy told me that he feels like I talk with a little bit of an accent; it must be a California one if that even exists because the others we were with said I had no accent at all.

19. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

I got a Maryland accent. Kind of Southern, but not really. My voice is an average pitch. And I tend to mumble. I can't pronounce my Th's.

20. Deep, powerful, commanding and very sexy. A cross between Morgan Freeman's and James Earl Jones'. Men want to be with me. Other men want to be me. I am beyond awesome.

#20 SupremeEmperor, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013