1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about coming out to the straight man I fell in live with by letter

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TotallyNotRando, Nov 3, 2014.

1. TotallyNotRando

Out Status:
    A few people
    If anyone have not read my previous describing my current situation with the man I fell in love with, its here:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-advice/157082-i-fell-love-straight-man.html

After making my posts on here and Reddit and reading many encouraging replies, I'm deciding whether to come out or not to the man I fell in love with. I'm still really nervous as to what will happen, because this is the first time I ever confessed my love for anyone, man or woman. I decided if I do, I will do it in a form of a letter. I stayed up late last night writing this letter, because I couldn't fall asleep thinking about him all night :/ I've lost my appetite, and losing so much sleep over this. Lost 11 pounds last month :/ I recently read a article stating that missing someone can cause insomnia, and I think it's 100% true (LOL). Well here's the letter I wrote, tell me what you guys think. (I changed names in the letter).

Hey Nick,
    I have a few things I have to tell you that's been bothering me both physically and mentally the past few years. I never thought in a million years that I would ever say that I'm falling in love with another man. Then again, I would never dreamed in a million years that I would be writing you this letter (laughs). Remember when we met for the first time at the gym that one day? I was at the gym with Dom, and at the time, I never even heard of you. You were good friends with Dom, and needed a ride home, so you got him to ask me for a ride home. In the car, I decided to put on Linkin Park. Remember how Rob said "Linkin Park is for faggots"? You stuck up for me. This guy I met not even 30 minutes at the gym. No one ever did that for me. I felt a connection with you instantly. I don't know why. Maybe it was your beautiful smile. Or your striking deep blue eyes. I don't know. But a part of me wanted to be friends with you. Be close to you.

It wasn't long until I was texting you almost daily, always wanting to hangout with you. Go out to dinner with you. Play video games with you. I developed feelings, which I didn't know how to interpret it. Was I just becoming good friends with you? Or am I starting to fall for you. These feelings are so foreign to me. Never have I ever felt this way toward anyone before, especially not another man. Remember when we went to the beach together that unforgettable summer day? You told me that you wanted to join the marines, to help fight for the country. I don't even remember what I said, but I made some B.S. excuse to try to make you stay and not go. After you fell asleep that night at the hotel, I stayed up all night, crying because I couldn't even bare with the idea of possibly never seeing you again.

I remember during my 19th birthday, when you stayed over my house. Just you and I, no loud music, no other people, just you and I and a bottle of vodka. We talked about our future (highly intoxicated of course laughs), and you asked me what I wanted to do once I finish college, and I told you "to be with you". We laughed, because you thought it was a joke, and it was funny. But in reality, it was not, and it literally broke my heart that you thought it was a joke. But of course I didn't show any signs to you of how broken I was. I didn't want to lose you. I figured out that it's best to be friends with you than nothing at all.

You always wondered why I randomly stopped talking to you for almost a year. Because I decided that there was no chance that we would ever end up together. You were a ladies man, woman goes head over heals for you. I am just some nerdy kid that plays video games and focuses on school too much. Seeing you would only hurt me more. By avoiding you, I thought it would help me forget about you, so my pain with ease a bit. But I was wrong. It only made it worse. I would stay up all night with my phone in my hands with a text message ready to press send. But I just bring myself to do it. I would have dreams with you in it, and wake up with tears all over my face. I just don't know what happening to me anymore.

I thought to myself all day everyday for the past few months. I came to a realization that there's no denying that I have developed feelings for you. The only man that I would ever develop feelings for. I can no longer hide it from you. Even if I end up getting rejected, it would still be a sign of relief that I have finally lifted a ton off my chest. Nick, I love you. Please understand.

==================================================================

Well there it is, I'm still debating if I should give it to him or not. I'm way to scared of what the outcome would be :/

2. joshtheangel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awwww that so sweet :')

If he was a true friend then he would accept your feelings regardless of whether he is gay or not :slight_smile:

#2 joshtheangel, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's an amazing letter. Whoever is on the receiving end of that letter should be proud and honored to be receiving it, regardless of their sexuality.

4. TotallyNotRando

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks! Now I just need the confident to give him to letter lol.

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you have written it, so now you can not let it go to waste!

Please let us know how it goes after he has read it :slight_smile: