1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it! (sorta lol)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mk86, Feb 21, 2015.

1. mk86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everyone

So last night I got pretty drunk with a my soon to be new roommate and after hours (well more like weeks) of tooing and froing as to whether I was gonna tell him im gay I just blurted it out... Ahhhh scary... But his reaction was amazing to say the least. He didn't care one bit and said don't change anything. I didn't exactly say I'm gay but I told him that I"i think I might be gay "... And that I was still trying to work it out but I felt like he had a right to know if we were gonna be living together.. I gotta say I've never felt so nervous in my life.. My heart was pumping so hard I could hear it.. When I got home later I had the weirdest feeling of happiness and absolute fear... But he's been in touch today to confirm he's not got an issue so I'm feeling OK about it now..

I still dunno if I'll ever tell anyone else... I still can't shake off the feeling of missing out with girls... Marriage and kids in future but it does feel good that someone else knows..

One of the odd things I found was his lack of interest.. I don't mean that in a bad way coz he reacted great.. But i think in my head I'd built it up to be such a huge deal and he didn't really ask any questions... He just said it's all good whatever I decide.. Which i found a bit underwhelming in a way as I think mentally id prepared myself for a whole host of questions...

I just wanna thank everyone who posted on my previous thread too

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-advice/153277-too-old-28-a.html

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations :slight_smile:.
    I never posted on your other thread but I didn't come out till I was 26 so 28 is definitely not too old.

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats~! ^.^

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :thewave: That's wonderful news. And believe me, each time you do it feels so great, even the times that aren't spectacular. Well, that's only my experience, I can't really speak for everyone, can I? Anyway, as far as what you're missing out on, things are getting a lot better. Marriage is legal for us in most states, and adoption has been legal in a lot of states for a long time. As far as girls, well, it doesn't really work out that well for us anyway. But you may find that a lot more girls will feel comfortable with you as a friend, and you'll get to know them better than their boyfriends or husbands ever will.

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Referring back to the old thread, you don't need to try harder with the girls, you need to try harder with the guys who make you hard. :wink:

6. mk86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Omg I love this site u guys are such nice ppl.. Thanks so much for all your lovely messages :slight_smile: