1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't say it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lucky28, Feb 22, 2015.

1. lucky28

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've sat here for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to start this :bang: But anyways, I've come out as gay to most of my friends but none of them have been face to face. I've either had someone else do it or did it over some sort of messaging. Now I know there's nothing wrong with that, and it is extremely easier to do, and that's probably (psh, I say probably) why I do it. But I do regret not telling my close friends in person. I get into the situation where I can/should tell someone and I choke and don't say it and continue with the conversation like nothing happened. I'm like 99% comfortable with myself, and maybe it's the 1% that is holding me back. I dunno. Any advice at any length would help. Thank you! :icon_bigg

2. mk86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi man

I know how you feel I really struggle trying to say it too... But i managed it to one person other day but it was the hardest thing I've ever done.. Here I posted about other day coz it went really well
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-advice/169800-i-did-sorta-lol.html

Your still quite young though man so I'm sure you'll get there so try not to fret too much you got plenty of time.. :slight_smile: x

3. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Lucky28

Congratulations for coming out in the first place. How you come out is not that important. The important thing is who you come out to and how they react.
    Coming out is a scary thing and you should it in a way that makes you feel safe. Different people find all sorts of ways of doing it and they are the right way for them. Some people decide to kiss their boyfriend in front of their friends others do it with a Facebook post.
    I came out to my siblings with a text message and it went brilliantly.
    Don't give out to yourself for how you came out praise yourself for coming out in the first place.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

have you talked about it to any of the people who you came out to by text? if not, that might be a good way to get used to talking about it F2F. you've already told them, they reacted well, so talking with them about it should be easy. and then you just take it to the next level, and talk to someone about it whom you had not told already by text. good luck.