1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my brother!!! :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Robin, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Robin

Here's the story.

My mom knew that I was going to tell my brother I am gay this weekend, and he decided to come over today. Just now actually. I was extremely nervous to tell him. I stalled by shaving, and putting my contacts in, and then my mom called me out and told me to get into the living room and say it. So I just said it. I told him I was gay without beating around the bush. His first words, (which may be insulting to some of you) were,

"Well, at least you're not bi." (He believes that bisexual people are just looking for attention. He still doesn't understand gays very much.)

We started talking and he said that he didn't agree with what I was doing, but I am still his brother. We joked and laughed about it for a long time as I told him that if he ever needed to talk about it, he could. I was completely open to it. My brother seemed rather happy about it, saying that he was honored that I was able to tell him. Even so, he made jokes such as, "I'm going to call you my gay brother from now on." and, "I'm still going to make all of the gay jokes in the world." But he was very comical about it and he was in a good mood.

It still has to sink in for him, but I'm hoping he will be okay. As he left, and hugged my mom, he said, "I'm not going to hug you." It was hilarious.

Now, here's the thing. I'm coming out to my dad tomorrow. This is going to be the biggest hurdle in my coming out. My dad once told me his two rules for me and my brother. Never get a tattoo, and never marry a guy. I'm terrified, but it has to be done. Stay with me if you'd like. I'll be posting about how it goes tomorrow on a different thread. You know, unless he kills me first. :dry:

2. ForceAndVerve

Gz on your brother Robin! And don't worry about your dad. People say all kinds of homophobic things until it turns out their own child is gay.

Hope to see you alive and posting tomorrow! :eusa_danc

3. Lad123

Congratulations! Good luck with your dad :slight_smile:

4. Hidinginalabama

Thats so great to hear and I'm so happy for you. I know how hard it is to tell your brother because I have a twin. I really hope everything goes great tomorrow when you tell your dad. Best of luck.

5. julia

Congrats to coming out to your brother, that's really amazing! And don't get yourself to worked up over telling your father. My dad used to make really homophobic comments but was completely accepting when I came out to him. Good luck!

6. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Eh I'm bi and I still dont get some of the stuff that goes on with me, but congrats on your brother accepting you! Also good luck with your dad!

7. Dummy

Congrats and good luck. Make sure you post or I'll asume that you're dead. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Robin

Thanks everybody. Hopefully it all goes well. I'll be telling him in a few hours. :icon_eek:

9. Given To Fly

Good luck (*hug*)

10. abbey steven

abbey steven Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    don't you worry all about just calm your self and tell them what you are. no one has a right to mold you according to their wish. this is your life and you have a right to live according to your aspiration
    well best of luck i hope you will get a pleasurable life.

11. The Queen Bee

So, how did it go?

12. Ticklish Fish

Congrats and Good Luck!

13. Ruthven

14. The Queen Bee