1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Fake LGBT News: Russia and Alabama get same-sex marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by NaomiB, Nov 15, 2014.

1. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just a parody of the real LGBT News thread "Kansas gets same-sex marriage"

See this article ...........

Anti-gay Russian Lawmaker Vitaly Milonov Prepares Bill Targeting Same-Sex Marriage Loophole| Gay News | Towleroad

apparently the link isn't working now and I'm afraid to refresh the page and lose it so I'll post the info from the article here:

St. Petersburg politician Vitaly Milonov is drafting a bill to eradicate a loophole in Russia's same-sex marriage ban after lesbian couple Irina Shumilova and Alyona Fursova tied the knot last Friday, reports Pink News.

Picture 6Russia's marriage laws don't recognize transgender identities and classify Russian citizens strictly by their sex at birth. Bride Irina Shumilova [middle], who was born male and now identifies as a woman, took advantage of the oppressive law and married her wife in a Russian registrars office while both wore wedding gowns.

Milonov called the clever move the couple pulled an "ugly insult to millions of Russian families" and announced Thursday that he plans on crafting a bill to eliminate the loophole.

Milonov told Russian newspaper The Izvestia his reasoning behind his new oppressive bill:

Milonov"At present… there is a dress code by which everyone must abide when visiting state institutions. Therefore, one should not dress inappropriately when visiting (any) event associated with a change in one’s civil status.

"It’s a matter of culture and education… We will not allow people dressed in clothes [associated] with the opposite sex or beach clothes to register their marriage at the registry office. Except for when that clothing is an element of their culture or of ethnic origin."

Milonov is also calling for Apple CEO Tim Cook to be banned from entering Russia over fears that he would bring AIDS or Ebola into the country. St. Petersburg was the first city in Russia to pass an ordinance banning "Gay propaganda," with the rest of the nation following suit modeling and passing similar legislation based on the city's ordinance.

Shumilova and Fursova are not the first couple to circumvent Russia's same-sex marriage ban, however. In August, couple Allison Brooks and Alina Davis bypassed the law as well because Davis identifies as androgyne, but the Russian government considers Davis as male reports Pink News. Both wore wedding dresses when they signed the application papers even though registrars asked them not to.

And these threads for the real Russian LGBT marriage news:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/current-events-world-news-lgbt-news/158237-new-lgbt-historical-marker-russia.html

New LGBT historical marker - Russia - Historum - History Forums

---------- Post added 15th Nov 2014 at 01:32 PM ----------

--------------------------------------------------
    ..............Russia may ban "Gay Propaganda" but I don't think Empty Closets does :slight_smile:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 NaomiB, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ..............Russia may ban "Gay Propaganda" but I don't think Empty Closets does :wink:(Just a reference to my "Gay Propaganda" "Fake LGBT News:Russia and Alabama get same sex marriage" thread :wink: )

3. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just posted another post so that the top three posts in general news would be related to russiaand it's gay propaganda ban and other Russia related LGBT/General news issues.

"Children 404"

"LGBT News: New LGBT historical marker - Russia"

and this one