1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Metalheads! \m/

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Olli, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Olli

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One of the most common responses or comments I get when coming out or just in normal conversation is that people can't believe I'm gay because of the music I like! Obviously this is an incorrect stereotype, but I would love to hear from anyone who has a similar music taste to me and just maybe keep in touch, because I really don't know any LGBT rock or metal fans, although I'm sure there are plenty of us :slight_smile:

I love most metal and rock - as you can see my Avatar is Axl Rose from Guns N' Roses, my favourite band in the world, and my profile picture is Mitch Lucker (RIP) from Suicide Silence. My favourite bands include: GNR, AC/DC, Suicide Silence, Chiodos, Iron Maiden, Whitechapel, Bring Me The Horizon, Rammstein, Slipknot, Black Sabbath, Coal Chamber, Cancer Bats, Enter Shikari, Black Veil Brides, Tonight Alive, Sabaton, While She Sleeps, Mastodon, The Wonder Years, Of Mice and Men, Paramore and Eluveitie.

I just returned from Download Festival '13 and I am addicted to moshing, one of the many reasons people are surprised I'm gay for some reason!

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

It's funny how many people assume that gay guys can't like metal, considering how much of the metal aesthetic comes from Rob Halford and his leather fetish.

I'm also a big metal fan. My favorite bands include Agalloch, Nightwish, Kamelot, Woods of Desolation, Within Temptation, Otep, Wolves in the Throne Room, Liturgy, and Gallowbraid. As you can tell from that list, most of the metal I listen to is some variation of symphonic metal or black metal, but I do like all different kinds of metal and will give any kind of metal a listen at least once.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My exposure to metal is pretty limited. I love Týr.

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That pretty well describes the majority of what I listen to.

I do occasionally get into the sloppier death and nu metal, though. Hell even AC/DC, as you had noted, can on some days feel quite awesome. Helps with headaches :slight_smile:p always tell that to anyone inquiring about my musical tastes, to give them an idea of how so very far deep into metal I go :lol:slight_smile:.

5. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love Metal! Power, Thrash, Death, Black, Doom, But i can't stand Metalcore/Deathcore, I'm seeing Overkill, Sabaton (seen them twice) Anthrax, Testament, Megadeth and Iron Maiden at the same show later this year!

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, Megadeth is good too.

7. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I love metal and rock, really love screamo/...metalcore (I think it's called.) I like a lot of screaming in my metal, but I love most when there is harmonizing of the singing and screaming. With that said, my favorite bands are Know Lyfe, Of Mice and Men, Arms Like Yours, Killswitch Engage, Memphis May Fire, Underoath. These have been my go to bands for the past few weeks. I also really like all the screamo covers of pop songs on those Punk Goes Pop albums. Arms Like Yours and Of Mice and Men are my absolute favorites because their music is not really hard/tough, but more like poetic/melodic, especially Arms Like Yours, oh my god-the whole "My Silhouette" album is just heart-wrenching. Those two bands meld singing and screaming together really well and it makes for some very beautiful songs. Beautiful is one of those words that sound strange when used to describe metal music, but that's how what makes me love them so much. I put their albums on in the background and start writing for hours.

Memphis May Fire has this really great song that has a great 40 second start. I've been posting everywhere. It's called "Losing Sight." Really good song.

#7 WillowMaiden, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
  8. FreeFlow9917

Finally, don't even get me started. I love metalcore, rock, hard rock, thrash, hair, prog.
    Bands, Five finger death punch, Parkway Drive, Lacuna Coil, Evanescence, Avenged Sevenfold, Queen, GNR, Poison, Motley Crue, Metallica, Fear Factory, Falling in Reverse, and more...

---------- Post added 7th Jul 2013 at 09:48 PM ----------

Killswitch Engage (Howard as lead singer), Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Breaking Wheel, Anarchy Club, Dream Theater,

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ha! See my name; a world without metal is a world not worth living in. I don't expect Pentagram or Witchfinder General to be blasting from speakers at the local pride parade anytime soon, but a boy can dream...

10. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really enjoy metal, although I do like hard rock better, my favorite metal bands would have to be Within Temptations, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, and Metallica.

11. findingmyheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love metal! I listen to Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, Underoath, Avenged Sevenfold, Straight Line Stitch (which may be more metalcore), Haste the Day, Close Your Eyes, Memphis May Fire, For Today, a few 80s bands and more! I love any type of rock)! People get really confused when they find out I like metal (because it seems so unlike me) but I've liked it since the 8th grade!

Rock on, metalheads!!!

12. rena

I love Rock, especially some of the bands youve listed Suicide Silence,Bring Me The Horizon, ,Slipknot,,Enter Shikari, Black Veil Brides, Tonight Alive, , Of Mice and Men, Paramore, Halestorm, Lacuna coil, shinedown, alterbridge, asking alexandria ...

i dont "look" like a metal fan apparently.

13. timo

Dear OP, when you're old enough I want to marry you just for mentioning While She Sleeps. I fucking love them.

Besides that I really enjoy listening to Bring Me the Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Enter Shikari, A Skylit Drive, Sleeping with Sirens, Tonight Alive, A Day to Remember and Architects. I wouldn't really consider most of them metal but since you've mentioned some of these bands I'm allowed to do so too :grin:

(Disclaimer: in case some woman without a sense of humour reads the first sentence, thinks I'm a perv and gets me locked up for 6 months: I'm joking)

14. CTJ

CTJ

I like abit of metal but im more of a heavy rock kinda guy. I'm not a huge fan of metal screaming, i like some bands but things like 'job for a cowboy', 'cancer bats' and the like makes me squirm like nails on a chalk board.

I much prefer the heavy and loud music, but with singing rather than screaming. Some of my favourite bands are those like Rammstein, Qotsa, Foo Fighters, White stripes. All loud bands but without the screaming to go with it :slight_smile:

15. lawRAWR

I'm a metalhead! and a girl so that is double :wink: I love Enter Shikari, Bring Me The Horizon, Of Mice & Men, Slipknot, Asking Alexandria, Parkway Drive, Crown the Empire.

Most of those are mere sub-genres of 'metal' but that debate can be lead somewhere else :lol:

16. timo

Oh wow. How could I forget Of Mice & Men and Crown the Empire.

17. lawRAWR

I don't know either :wink: Oh. I love the Enter Shikari logo as your avatar! Truly amazing band (!)

18. 2112

I'm not a metalhead, but I like some metal like Dream Theater, Queensryche, and Iron Maiden. I just don't like the bands that scream and I don't like extremely distorted guitars playing a million notes every second.

19. Olli

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm okay with that.... :icon_wink And again, disclaimer, we are both joking! :icon_wink

So great to hear from you guys and see so many people that like similar bands to me! I think what's great about rock and metal is the diversity - for example, when I say I like those genres I sum up my love of pop-punk like Tonight Alive and deathcore like Suicide Silence.

Much love guys! Made my week :icon_bigg

20. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I think heavy metal music is great, and I like most types of music apart from Jazz.
    People think because you are gay then the only artists you are going to like are Barbra Streisand, Liza Minnelli and Abba !
    That may be true to an extent, I like all of these but I also love bands like Rush, Hawkwind, and lots more heavy music, Techno and so on.