1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haven't spoken since we got together??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ND1993, Nov 21, 2013.

1. ND1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone, so I met a guy on ****** about a week ago and we started talking. Seemed like a really nice guy , we talked pretty much everyday since he initially contacted me. I know ****** has its reputation for being just a "hook up" app, but I really did not get the impression that was all he wanted. He goes to my college, and we actually talked a good amount just generally about things before we met.

Anyways so come Sunday night, he told me I should come over to his place to study with him. After getting literally nothing done he asked me if I wanted to cuddle on the couch with him, and so we did. One thing lead to the next and we were all over each other making out about an hour later. He told me I should come back later that night and stay over, so when I got home later I packed my things and went back to his place. Long story short , we had sex.

Throughout the night he was literally all over me, spooning, holding my arm , kissing me on my cheek and neck etc. Honestly I really felt a connection with this guy, like this is not normally what people do when they just "hook up" right? :eusa_doh: We did it again in the morning before I left , then I had to rush home to get ready for class.

But here's the deal. I haven't heard from him since. I saw him Monday morning, its now thursday night. No text, call , nothing. Is this normal? I honestly feel lost, and almost used, but I really did not think he was "that kind". We go to the same college so its pretty much bound we will bump into each other soon, and I feel like if one of us doesn't say anything its going to be super awkward. I haven't texted him myself because I don't want to feel like an idiot if all he wanted was to hookup, then I look like a fool.:bang: He was always the one who texted first aswell before we met. And when I go on ****** now, I see him online , and he doesn't say anything to me.

Please help me out, what should I do? I know I was an idiot for just jumping in this guys bed so quickly, but I really like the kid, and felt something with him. How can I at least send a text so that I don't sound like a desperate idiot?

2. Saint Otaku

He might be having some issues. Maybe ask him if he's feeling well today, or something like that. Of course, that stinks if he is intentionally ignoring you, but I suppose all of us on EC will be here to comfort you if that's the case (*hug*)

3. confused1234

Just a thought, but maybe since he's initiated everything so far, he's waiting on some indication from you that you are still interested. I would just send him a quick text asking if he wants to meet for coffee or something. After three days, I don't think that could be construed as desperate.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just posted on another thread in a somewhat similar situation, so I don't want to restate what I said there, but most of it's relevant here.

In short, you're looking on a hookup app. The only people you're going to find there (ok, maybe 999 people out of 1000) are people looking for hookups and little else. It's a combination of reasons, but it boils down to shame, and people who don't believe they're worthy of having healthy relationships, so they either run the other way before one can start, start into them and break up 10 days later, or some variation thereof. And, knowing that a lot of people don't want hookups (and sometimes not even realizing their own fear of relationships), they'll play along and be nice until they have sex... and then, for whatever reason, they're gone.

I hope I'm wrong in this case and it's a different situation, but in all of the people I know who have had experiences with hookup apps... the outcome is pretty much always the same.

5. ND1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks for the replies guys! Chip I really appreciate your post. I understand exactly where you are coming from, I guess this is what you get for going on these apps eh?

Well he still has not said anything, I'm going to text him tomorrow anyways to see whats up. I guess il get the picture if he doesn't respond. :thumbsup: