1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling lonely in my relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by carmen71, Mar 6, 2014.

1. carmen71

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all, I'm new here!
    So here is my issue:
    I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 5 years now. For little over a year now, we have been having some serious relationship difficulties. We haven't had sex for about a year, and she pretty much has me at the bottom of her priority list. Her friends, hockey, and work all come before me. So to get to the point, when she goes out with friends (some are mutual friends), she never invites me to come along anymore. For instance, she recently quit her job at the college (is a second job), and she and some of her co-workers are celebrating next Friday by going out for sushi & drinks. I have had to suffer with her bitchiness and stress while she has worked at the college, yet she didn't invite me out to celebrate her "retirement" with her and her friends??? I'm super insulted, but I won't say anything because our relationship is already so strained and tenuous. Should I just let it go? Am I over-reacting? I would also like to point out that she often goes out with friends after hockey, or on her days off when I'm at work, but I don't get invited. I just don't know what to do anymore.... I have left out a lot of details, because it would take me an hour to type it all out lol Any thoughts? Help? Suggestions??? Thanks!

2. allyssa

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's weird. We almost have the same issue. read it here, if you want

5 years is a nice long relationship. What you really need to do is sit down and talk with her. I know I don't have a lot of details, but talking to her will help. Even if it's a simple, "if I have work off, can I join you for drinks?" If it's no, then you can ask her about why she's distancing herself with you. If it's yes, then it's a step in the right direction.

It just could be that work interferes a lot and she's grown use to not asking. That's what happened to me in my relationship. I hope things work out.