1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with homophobic friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wilzyax, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Wilzyax

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi
    I posted a tread earlier about this friend, which I developed a big crush on:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...129865-underage-relationship.html#post1947997

It seems like we are only getting closer, but the problem is that his verbals don't compliance with his action. Even thought we are very close (feel free to read my linked tread, to get what I mean), he seem to be very homophobic.

It all started when we were watching an episode of How I Met Your Mother, and i mentioned that the actor of Barney Stinson were Gay. No big deal I thought, but he got all defensive, and "Hey, I don't want to hear that". I asked what he meant by that, "You don't want to hear that he is gay". And he just told me he didn't want to talk about gay people, and that he felt very uncomfortable talking about gays. And I asked, "what's the big deal, why do you care? I just told you he is gay" and he got all like "I don't like gays, it's just , I don't want to talk about it, okey?".

I don't know, but every single time the subject seems to touch the word "gay", my friend freak out, and become all upset. I don't know why he act that why?
    Is he repressing some gay feelings, or is it normal that some people just get "grossed out when it comes to gay". I try to tell him that "Why does it matter to you, if it don't matter you don't have to be upset", but he never answers to that.

Please help, what is my friend thinking, and how should I handle this?

I would really appriciate any kind of help, or answers. All help are good help, and if someone just would share their thought on my problem a would be really grateful :slight_smile:

2. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! I dont know much about such a situation but i think he is either very immature or perhaps just repressing his feelings