1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knowing the difference between checking someone out and a casual glance?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shadowraptor, Jul 31, 2014.

1. shadowraptor

I'm not just asking this for me but for anyone who has ever wondered: how do you know if someone is just looking in your direction or checking you out? I was at a restaurant with my family the other day and there were two guys sitting at a table across the room from me. They were both cute so I glanced over at them once in a while, they definitely weren't brothers so they might have been friends or possibly boyfriends, idk. :slight_smile: but I noticed one of the guys gesture in my direction and the other turned around, and I couldn't tell if they were looking at me or something else but it happened quite a few times. I'm not out at all to my family so I subtly looked away whenever they looked in my direction and I saw them smile once or twice. But how would I know if it was purely coincidence or if they were checking me out? (I'm terrible at judging that kind of stuff lol)

2. Really

Gooood question. Anybody?

I was walking down a long entryway, my arms full of computer equipment, and I swear a woman going in the opposite direction was watching me for quite a distance as we got closer and then passed eachother but then nothing else. Imagined? Wishful thinking? Also, I wasn't wearing my glasses so I could have been totally wrong about what was going on.

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think if someone is checking you out, their gaze will linger more. Casual glances are really quick.

4. dapulu

Casual glances or curiosity are very different from checking someone out.

The most obvious one when someone is checking you out is that they watch all the way from your head to your toes hahaha. Then again there are the usual glances of curiosity and whatnot (they look at you for really short periods of time and then turn away), which I've been really confused about for a while now.

I guess the look in their eyes? With practice maybe one can get better at it, but I'm not very sure myself. They look at your lips and smile at you, or maybe they look ayt another part of your body too much :wink: :wink:, also they don't really turn away if you look at them (if they're brave enough)...or something along those lines.

Hope it helped...See ya :slight_smile:

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lightning doesn't (usually) strike twice. A person who does casual glances will only repeat them one or two times before getting distracted. I agree that giving a "full body" lookover is another tip; though, sometimes people of the same gender will do that just to compare.