1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it selfish of me to fade out on my friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Anon29, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Anon29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So this is basically a continuation of my last thread, if you haven't read it:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...s/176155-how-do-i-tell-friend-i-like-him.html

I don't think I can be around my friend anymore if I want to move on. It's been such a long time since this all started and the memories of the past have just kept me so attached that I continuously struggle to see the reality of the situation I face, so I can't feel as if the only way for things to get better is for me to just remove myself from the situation completely. I've tried just waiting things out and hoping that my feelings would fade for months, but they just haven't gone away.

I feel as if we've grown pretty far apart in just the "friends" category as well. In general, I get a much colder feeling from him than I used to. Sometimes, I can't help but feel as though he doesn't give a **** about how I feel and is just kind of inconsiderate in general. I don't feel as if he'll miss much if I were to just remove myself from his life.

Any thoughts?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not your fault he is acting like this. Personally, I don't buy the whole "I do this with everyone" excuse. From what I've observed, most people do things for a reason. Since you have already come out to this guy, maybe you should be more obvious that you like him, but it is likely you will just have to move on. If he is treating you poorly as a friend, then there is no excuse even if he might not be straight. You deserve better.