1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I slept with my "straight" friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by codysmith, Dec 13, 2015.

1. codysmith

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ugh...
    I'm back...
    I'm just so confused about this whole situation...
    about 2 months ago me and my "straight" best friend got into this HUGE fight because he thought i called him gay behind his back. We made up and like a week after we slept together...not like sexually. So i went over to his house with another one of our friends and when that friend left i asked to spend the night and he said it was fine so i started talking to him (i knew he was depressed but i wanted to know from him...i wanted to now if he trusted me and could open up to me) i kept asking why he was depressed and his only reason seemed to be that he feels alone and that he doesn't have a girlfriend. But i knew more then he was telling and to get him to tell me i would lay on him(stomach to back in sort of a + shape) he would get annoyed and tell me to get off and i would refuse to unless he told me what was really going on. So i asked to borrow a shirt and he refused so i did the same thing as earlier (i laid on top of him saying i wouldn't get off until he let me borrow a shirt) He didn't tell me to get off this time... We were at the edge of his bed and half my body was kinda hanging off so i asked if we could move more to the middle...and he moved to the other side...my feet were still hanging off so i moved into more of a skinny "X" shape (my stomach still on his back and crotch near his...yknow) We laid like that for a while till i asked if i could turn off the light...so i got up and turned off the light...then i got back into bed with him. He asked if i was cold and wanted a blanket (thinking he would tell me to move or go get a blanket) i said yes. He was already under a blanket and he told me to get under it with him. I asked if it was ok that we were sharing a blanket and he said it was fine. So we laid in a skinny "X" shape under the same blanket talking until he went to sleep. I couldn't sleep cuz i thought i was dreaming or that this wasn't really happening. He tried turning to his side and that woke him up. He told me to get off (very calmly) and go get a shirt and once i changed i could get back in. I changed and got back in. We both laid next to each other on our backs starring at the ceiling not knowing what to do. I said that i didn't know what to do and he told me to go sleep on the mattress he had set up of me on the floor. so i got out of his bed and he kept saying "good night" to me and it was annoying so i told him that if he said it again i would get back in his bed with him...so he said it in Spanish -.-...i looked at him and then he whispered "good night" again...every since then we haven't hung out...we have fought multiple times but each time we made up. I honestly don't know what to do...this situation and all our fights (usually it has to do with me "supposedly" calling him gay) have caused me to be more confused then ever

#1 codysmith, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  2. guitar

Sounds like quite the emotional game of chicken. I get the impression you both were pretty curious about each other, but no one would make a move because that would be "gay," and we can't have that, can we?

He was probably weirded out by the situation. He either is straight and you caught him in a moment of an intimacy deficit where he just wanted cuddles (think of a prisoner who is straight but no females are around). The other alternative is he is bi/gay but too afraid to make a move.

3. codysmith

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...-i-think-my-friend-bi-likes-me-something.html

this is just a little more information on my whole situation with him

4. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Call me dumb, but I actually think he's straight or possibly bi and you're pressuring him because you want him to be gay. He's lonely, hormones are coursing through his veins, and he feels close to you as a friend. Straight guys sometimes form very strong bonds with another guy. Doesn't mean he's gay.

I think if you keep being all over him, you are going to lose him.

5. robclem21

^^ This.

I think you need to back off a little. If you want to be his friend then be his friend. That doesn't involve touching and pressuring him when you are in the mood to be close to him. If he wants to talk to you he will, and sometimes prying a little bit is what people need to really open up, but the way you are doing it, I understand why he is pushing you away.

Whether he is gay or not, hes not in a mindset to give you what you want here so tread carefully or the poster above is right. He will stop talking to you.

6. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd guess I would be a little freaked if someone chased me around with a "labeler".

On top of that, invoking "the bed" to resolve things is in my opinion, a little to much to fast.

Later