1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A birthday gift/surprise in this situation?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NinaK, May 23, 2016.

1. NinaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey guys!

So I'm facing a new dilemma in my situation with this lady: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...062-lesbian-relationship-advice-beginner.html

She will have her birthday soon, we're keeping in touch with her, even though our communication is not intense, it's more like checking each other from time to time with simple how's it going. She's still having this ex-drama, I'm still crushing over her like crazy.

SO! I want to do something nice for her birthday and since it's long-distance these are options I have:

- Send her flowers with balloons
    - Send her a book as a gift
    - Send her a post-card

I really really want to send her flowers, but I'm a) not sure if she likes flowers b) a bit concerned that it will be too much (will it be too much)? I personally LOVE receiving flowers. And honestly I want to surprise her, but I don't want to scare her off.

What would be your advice? (&&&)

Thank you loves!

2. yuanzi

Sending flowers would be a clear message that you are still romantically interested in her and have the desire to pursue her. Go for it only if you know she won't be freaked out.

Maybe you can make something small yourself? (like a handmade card or paper origami or whatever you are good at) One of my friends always does that and it is really sweet. It is personal but not too over the top.

Good luck!

3. NinaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

I am romantically interested in her for sure lol. I know she's attracted to me, but she's going through a heart break and I'm not sure if sending her flowers will make you feel better or worse :icon_bigg

I'm horrible at DIY lol but I feel what you're saying, probably it's a good idea to send something very special and unique. Ugh!

Thank you for your advice! :thumbsup:

#3 NinaK, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  4. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you want to send something more personable, sending a book might be the best choice because if you pick the right thing, it'll show that you know her interests and tastes well and it could be interpreted as a friendly gesture rather than explicitly romantic if you don't want to be too pushy just yet. Just a thought.