1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patching things up

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hmiko, Jul 22, 2016.

1. hmiko

I was in love (or was obsessed) with my straight married office mate.

Here's the story (http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...047-friend-avoiding-me-its-bit-different.html)

Though we're not like what we used to be before but we're on speaking terms again after a few months. We didn't exactly patched things up, but we seemed OK. He didn't admit that he got angry at me and I no longer asked him what really happened.

We used to eat lunch together (though not everyday) with my other office mate and I'm the one who always asked the two of them if they would like to eat.

(Side Story. This happened before he got angry at me the first time.
    There's this one office mate who have/had a crush on me and because I don't like her, she started to gossip about the two of us(me ad him) and laugh like a hyena whenever she's gossiping with I don't know who. He was not aware of it in the beginning. I just told him about it when he started to notice that she was always laughing when were going out for lunch)

At first he would come with us, then he started to eat alone. Whenever I asked him, he would always say 'next time'. Even though he's no longer eating with us, we still seemed ok. We still talk to each other and joke about this one office mate that we both hate. I just assume that he just no longer want to eat with us for the gossiping to be stopped.

Then one day I asked him if he's not annoyed with my constant invitation, but he no longer replied. I tried to talk to him again with other stuff, but he still didn't answer. He avoided me again after that and we're avoiding each other for months now.

I'm no longer obsessed with him now like I used to but I still want for us to be in good terms again, but I don't know how I will approach him.

I like to buy small things overseas. Even though it's just small, I will still stay pay a big amount for the shipping fee. We're still ok at that time and I asked him if he would like to buy something so that the shipping fee will not be wasted. He said yes and I bought this stuff for him. The shipment was delayed by months and it just arrived recently.

He hasn't paid me yet for the item that I bought for him. He's birthday is coming up and I would like to give the item to him now as a gift instead of asking him to pay for it. I plan to just leave it on his desk and put a note 'Happy Birthday, sorry for all the troubles'. Will it be a bad idea? I'm also unsure about this because he have an estimate how much the item cost and he might just leave the payment on my desk.

Apologies for the very long story.