1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I now understand the pain of having a crush your straight friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jaysean, Nov 11, 2016.

1. jaysean

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I remember always reading about posts regarding straight crushes, and I always just brushed them off and never took them seriously. I had never had a crush on a straight friend up until now, so whenever I read something about it, I just thought to myself "why can't they just get over it" or "stop seeing them as often".

I'm not exactly asking for any advice or anything, but this definitely was an eye-opening experience.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey jaysean,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this situation.:icon_sad:

It is actually irrelevant whether or not your crush shares the same or an ovelapping sexual orientation as yourself. If they don't feel the same way for you as you do for them, you never have a chance and all hope of having a bf relationship with them comes crashing down.

If you are interested, you might want to check out this thread:

Empty Closets - Dealing with Crushes

I hope you can get over him soon and move forward with your life.

Best of luck!:slight_smile:

3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah it sucks knowing someone doesn't like you back ... sorry you're going through that right now

4. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

I know exactly how it feels when you have a crush on a straight guy. I have to admit since my school days 98% of all guys I ran into in the past 13 years were straight and I hated it. I remember in high school I tried to make them gay by showing how much I like them by eye winking or say hey cutie and that was a bad idea since even today I bet they remember me and don't want to be friends with me anymore. They did really get upset about me and I was a enemy. I can out when I was 18 since before I never knew I was gay but I can say I just so excited to find out about my self and came super out to everyone and started to hit on every hot boy I had a crush on even ones back when I didn't know I was gay.

Welcome to my world since my whole life I been meeting straight guys. Even now just trying to make friends they are all straight. My whole 31 years had bad luck on finding gay guys unless I go on a gay dating site or gay site and meet them online. I never met a gay guy at like Walmart or Best Buy, etc. Or if I did I can't remember since it might of been one in my whole life and who ever it was we aren't friends anymore.