1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to look more like a lesbian without losing my identity?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by 1000candles, Sep 18, 2014.

1. 1000candles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello emptyclosters!

I am a 18 y/o university student who physically appears straight (a femme) but is definitely not. Because I do not appear to be gay following common stereotypes (I have long hair, no nose ring, don't wear rainbow attire, and cannot pull off snap backs or beanies), I have found that other people of the LGBTQ+ community do not connect with me. I want to meet not only other lesbians but other people who understand the closeted struggle.

Any advice, other than changing my whole physique?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why go by stereotypes and completely change your appearance to conform when you can just do your own thing?

3. Yosia

I hate stereotypes.

You look like a lesbian all the time seeing as you are lesbian. ^.^

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Why not look how you desire to look why change yourself if that's not truly what you are ?:confused:

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

There's no 'look' to being a lesbian. Girls that have short hair and wear flannel can be heterosexual as well. The 'butch' look is not limited to lesbians, and the 'femme' look is not limited to straight people. You shouldn't change who you are if you enjoy being femme. Why not just be open about LGBTQ topics?

6. Mysz

Yes. I have the same dilemma, but I don't want to change my style just to look lesbian. You can 'act' more lesbian instead, to make up for it :wink: It depends on your environment, of course, and whether it's safe there for LGBT (if I checked out any girls here, their boyfriends would probably have serious issues with that). You can be open about LGBTQ topics, like Falling said, and not be afraid to occasionally point out a girl you think is cute passing by on the sidewalk to your friends, or casually flirt with girls.

7. Ruthven

ohmygawd you can't look like a sexuality

8. Really

There's other jewelry besides rainbow stuff. You can look for stuff with a pair of symbols for female (circle-plus sign, or whatever it's called) or equal signs (for equality, I think). There's also the black triangle,which has some horrible past but has been "reclaimed".
    Personally, I'm doing rings (pinky-left, middle-right) on well manicured hands with nicely trimmed nails and a substantial watch. I always wore these things and they might be too subtle but I'm not prepared to do anything else for now.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This acting lesbian can definitely do it:slight_smile:

10. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian