1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderless and Unisex stores?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by mygalaxysky, Sep 22, 2014.

1. mygalaxysky

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For about a year or so now I typically shop in the male department because I feel more comfortable dressing in male clothes than female. I identify along the lines of genderqueer, androgynous and what not. I can never seem to find many stores appropriate in dressing in a more unisex fashion. I go on Etsy a lot, but it would be nice to have a larger variety of stores to shop from.

The reason I'm curious is because all the stores I typically shop in just don't work for me anymore. The male clothes don't fit my desires anymore and I'm looking for a more artistic look to them as well. I don't want to be mistaken as a male because that is not the point, I just prefer dressing this way to female when my options appear to be limited in the gender-binary world.

Also, if anyone knows good and cheap places to buy chest binders? I have tried Ebay and Etsy, but they can be a bit pricey and similar to the above, I like to keep my options open. I heard of a great site once, but at the time wasn't bothering in the option of binding. I just feel I would be comfortable with trying to figure myself out now.

Please and thank you!:slight_smile:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. wanderinggirl

What kind of pieces are you looking for? Thrift stores are good; for new stuff ASOS and Topman have things that may fit an afab body. My preferred jeans are Levis 510s (super skinny) or 511s (skinny), they tend to look/fit pretty androgynous as long as you get the right size/shape for your body.

4. mygalaxysky

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm looking for clothing as a whole. The local thrift stores I typically went to were all female. Luckily for me I am very small, I just wear bigger shirts and try to make myself look as flat as possible.

5. wanderinggirl

Topman and ASOS go down to a size XS. Don't bother with H&M, their XS sizes are hard to find and are still large-ish sometimes. Uniqlo is good.

I've heard people have luck in boys' departments as well.

6. stormborn

lot's of athletic stores (like sportcheck and whatnot) have larger unisex sections, though i don't know if that is your style!