1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just rambling

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by eatmyplacenta, Nov 16, 2014.

1. eatmyplacenta

Out Status:
    Some people
    i've been wondering if i was born in the wrong body for as long as i can remember. as a child i spoke a lot of things that were on my mind, and so of course, i told my parents that i was a boy. they just laughed and said ok. no problems. they bought me clothes that i wanted, which were usually more on the boyish side, and my mom let me get all the boy haircuts (mainly bc she hates long hair), and i was happy. sorta. around the age of eight or nine they thought i should have grown out of this "phase" and my mom started to buy me dresses and really girly clothes. in fact, a year or two ago, i sat my mom down and told her how i felt, and the next day, my parents went on a "date" and came back with a bunch of clothes that were super girly. just for me...
    every time i try to tell them that i'm a boy, that i want to be referred to as one, that i want to be treated as one, they just say that i'm too young to be making such a huge decision or whatever. sure, i'm 13, pretty young, but when i've been certain about this and when i've been stuck in this "phase" for about 11 years, don't you think you should listen to me for once?
    i love them and all, but i just wish they would listen.
    another thing on my mind is that i really want to come out to teachers and ask them to call me by my preferred pronouns, but i'm super worried about being made fun of, and after being picked on frequently as a small child (and also a bit every now and then), i don't really want to relive that.
    i've been slowly giving hints on my social media that friends and family follow me on (mainly facebook), and i've been getting picked on over there a bit, but also getting some support, but more picking on than support.
    i just wish i was a boy, because being called "she" feels like being stabbed in the throat.
    as much as i love the support, and as much as it brightens up my whole week, i'm way too fragile for the hate.
    i'm done i guess, but before i leave, shoutout to my littlest sister and best friend for being the only people who use male pronouns with me.
    dessa, you make me truly happy when you call me brother. (btw, she's nine, and the most supportive and accepting person i've ever met.)
    amber, you make me feel like i'm on top of the world when you correct someone when they use incorrect pronouns, compliment me on my most boyish and most favorite features and use boyish/gender neutral adjectives to describe me.
    also, shoutout to this site for giving me a place to just ramble and get advice, bc i really needed it.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. lostboy94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel ya. Here is my two sense. If you still have clothes that are more "boyish" wear them. Seriously wear them it will make you feel more confident. I feel you on the haters it sucks. I was bullied real bad for so many years. But I can tell you this it does get better (cheesy right?) I have only been on this forum a few days but let me tell ya you hit the jack pot my friend. Also I agree go see a school counselor they are there to help you! Use your little sis as an allie at home too she sounds awesome! Check and see if your school has some sort of lgbt organization if so join it! Good luck my friend.

4. I am Kakashi

You feel like you're a boy. You know you're a boy. Why/ because you're a boy. :slight_smile: But getting parents to understand that can be super difficult. The best video I've found so far is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll888Z31moE

My only additional falls under "myth bust", I suppose? But don't be afraid to have your feelz, BUT if your parents just absolutely won't even acknowledge that transgender or gender-nonconformity is even a THING bring out the DSM! Even if you aren't 100% sure if you are transgender, you are definitely having gender dysphoria, which is a legitimate medical/ psychological issue. Doctors say it exists. You say it exists and are experiencing. Go all medical/ scientific (without overloading them).