1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think I'm Ready...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by iiimee, Nov 30, 2014.

1. iiimee

Okay, so I think a few people on this site already know my story, but I haven't told anyone about stuff in my life recently on here and might want to get that out of the way first.

I am a transgender boy, who a few months ago came out to my mother. Today I came out to my sister and father (Who accept me) and I think it's time I started... being me. My friends have told me I am "confused" and "It's just a faze" but I know who I am, despite being only 14. I don't want to do anything major until I am sure, but I want to start the process somewhat before I turn 15... Can somebody tell me what I should do? I have been wanting to find a boyish haircut that is still by but not longer or too much under my chin. I like my hair length, but perphaps there's a hairstyle for this length? Also, I am curious about binding. I know my mom would let me, but does anyone here do binding and know how it effects you? My mom also suggested a puberty-blocker, and I am not sure if I want to go through with that yet. Does anyone know about puberty-blockers? I'm kinda scared of the idea...

Oh, and I am seeing a therapist Tuesday! Wish me goodluck?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. iiimee

Thanks, but I also just kinda wanted some help with finding hairstyles? Pictures of me are on my profile, so idk if anyone could suggest a certain "look" for me...

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  5. Manta

Hey there iiimee.

I bind. The important thing there is to get a binder, and not try to make one yourself. Underworks is often recommended, but as a smaller person I use "Les Lesbian Tomboy Chest Binder" (its actually called that...).

You don't want to sleep in one or have it on for more than 8 hours or so, which might make wearing one at school impractical. Sports bras will also work well for smaller folks.

I didn't do hormone blockers (missed that boat) but the idea is that it gives you time to think about your gender identity and decide where you want to go. Essentially, they delay puberty so you can take your time thinking about if/how much you want to transition.

If you decide you don't want to transition into a boy, you stop taking them and go into female puberty. If you decide you do want to transition, after a few years (usually around 16 I think) you'd start taking testosterone and go through something similar to male puberty. If you are curious, talk with a doctor or gender therapist, since they will have much more detailed and accurate information for you about it.

I keep my hair really short, so I can't give any advice there...