1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to look more masculine

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Asexual Pirate, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Asexual Pirate

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've been feeling uncomfortable with my gender recently. I've always identified as androgyne as my personality is comprised of both strong feminine and strong masculine straights. However, my body/wardrobe presents as a cis female. I am overweight with wide hips, broad shoulders, and a DD cup. I also love wearing skirts (more like I hate wearing pants) and my long hair. I want to look more masculine/androgynous but I'm not sure how to bridge my obviously feminine body with my style preferences.

Any suggestions? How do you guys wear clothes/hair/makeup to present non-binary identities?

2. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I started a thread asking a similar question a while ago, and the advice I got worked really well for me. Link's here.

I also found it helpful to make a Pinterest board to find clothing styles I liked. As for my style, at the moment I basically have two modes: 'dapper lad' style with a nice button down, a casual suit jacket, black brogues and a comfortable pair of presentable trousers or jeans, and an amorphous blob of long T-shirts, sweaters to conceal my chest and cargo pants.
    Someone also suggested to me to wear a white tank top with a flannel shirt over the top, and I absolutely loved it - it was so comfortable and so sharp for me.
    As for the hair, I used to just tie it up in a tight bun and slick it down with gel so that it creates a part on one side. It isn't perfect, but it can look really masculine from the front and it worked well for me for a long time.
    So yeah, just find some stuff you like and go wild! Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Asexual Pirate

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the info!