Gender fluid shift one way with age?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Lacie1, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Lacie1

I still don't know what the hell I am. See this earlier post if you're interested in my whole story>>>

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/sexua...909-am-i-crossdresser-transgender-gay-bi.html

I'm reading more about gender fluid and I think maybe that's what I am to a degree. Again…not sure. What has happened to me is that the older I get the more I desire to act, feel and look like a woman. There are still the occasional days that I feel like a dude and want to do guys things..but they have lessoned and seem to be shifting with the older I get. The big thing I've noticed this year (i'm 43 btw) is that I am compelled to come out to certain family and friends. It used to be I'd do whatever I could to cover up things and would NEVER tell anyone about my situation. I remember in my 20's and most of my 30's telling myself how embarrassing it would be and how I would be judged and possibly even shunned by people. I mean I was absolutely terrified of anyone finding out about me. Now I'm like who gives a shit..I'm going to tell people one by one. I'm working up the courage to tell my dad and stepmom (they are both very open minded and support things like gay marriage). So with this said do you all think I'm just feeling this desire simply because I'm getting older? Or is it because i may be gender fluid and the female side of me is becoming so strong that it's calling the shots now and not the boy in me? I think maybe the latter is a possibility but that's just a wild theory.