1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sobriety/bi

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ECMember, Apr 21, 2016.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well I've largely glossed over this but I'm 8 days sober and a grateful alcoholic. I'm 24 years old and I'm bi. It's something I've have to accept.

I just don't know how to have a relationship and be sober. That's something I just want to know from people here who are in the program(AA, NA, CA, etc...).

2. 25andconfused

Out Status:
    Some people
    hey im a 26 year old addict in recovery relationships are difficult and theres a suggestion you probably heard and that is no major changes in the first year and that also means romantic relationships the first year is for you to get to know and get comfortable with you and in your sobriety im not sure how meetings are down by you but most areas or neighboring areas will have gay and lesbian specific meetings i would suggest trying to go to one and get f2f support there is also a online community called intherooms if you have any questions just shoot me a message ill do my best to answer any question you might have also heres a post that might help and reach out to chip http://emptyclosets.com/forum/general-support-advice/210732-lgbtq-recovery-drugs-alcohol.html