1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baffled and mystified

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ukguy, Mar 5, 2016.

1. ukguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all
    I havent posted on here since last August. Since then I have come out, left my family home and moved into rented apartment. And became a couple with a guy I had been seeing on and off for a while. Everything seemed to be going well until a few weeks ago when this guy said he wanted to finish with me. Although he has wavered a number of times and has been unable to break from his partner and his old life, I really felt this time we had made it. He has been away from his partner since last Sept but now says he wants to 'go home'. S**t - I thought he saw his home as being with me but it seems not. All of a sudden my new life doesnt feel so secure and attractive. This guy seems to have such an attachment to his old partner and life - and I come second. I havent heard from him since...and feel very p***d with him, but miss him too. First real gay relationship. Anyone relate to any of this?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome back!

I most certainly relate; this will happen and it has happened to me.

It may be helpful for you to explore an important question: what type of lover is he, and what type of lover are you? It behooves one to understand at least a few of the "types" of lovers we are and that we encounter.

Hence, your thread here has inspired me to start this one!

Start by looking into the pattern of your relationship, and see if it matches some or one of the types I have described. You may find some enlightenment there. Also, just recognize that you will likely have a few such relationships, this is not necessarily a depressing fact, if you consider each relationship as simply being what it had to be, as a beautiful sunset must eventually disappear below the horizon, it was no less beautiful for being temporary.

#2 greatwhale, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016