1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Jhilde137, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Jhilde137

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am struggling with the need to have a man in my life i. Love and respect my wife and don't want to loose her but can't get past this overwhelming need to have a best friend and lover! Am I alone and weird like this?:bang:

2. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Jhilde137

You just described me and how I ended up on this forum. I was married for 30 years before telling my wife. Check out my post "I did get it all" from last week or so...tells my story.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/lgbt-later-life/217661-i-did-get-all.html

Have you had these urges for your whole life or did you just begin having them? Does your wife know about these desires? How do you think she would react if you told her?

There are a lot of guys on this forum who have the same issue. The urges can be extremely powerful can't they?

#2 Nickw, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  3. Jhilde137

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I have always wanted a man friend and have experimented a few times but I want more than just sex i want a best friend and have a bond with him that only men can have she would not understand that she knows that I am bisexual but thinks that I am in remission which I don't understand

4. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does she know you have experimented? I know the feeling of wanting to share on a deeper level than a hookup or a just sex deal. My wife and I have talked about this too. It is hard to explain how for me at least it is a different emotion that I share with a male friend than with her. How would you explain it?

#4 Nickw, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  5. Jhilde137

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yes she knows but won't except that I need a friend. I feels like I am missing part of me that I need back

6. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am lucky that my wife is accepting me having some play time with guys. But, there are limits. I am willing to live with that. It took awhile for us to decide our marriage could handle it. I am totally new to this so still navigating it.

I suggested that we have an open marriage and my wife is adamant that we don't. She says were just accommodating my gay desires within the marriage. She gets it but I don't know how to explain it to someone.

I hope you can figure out a way to satisfy your desires. I was surprised how strong mine have become in the last few years even though I always knew I had them.

Do you and your wife have a satisfying sex life?

7. Jhilde137

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    No she is a prude and won't even talk about it with me we rarely have sex

8. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Man.

My wife and I are very much in love but she stopped desiring sex and it was part of the reason I started thinking about men again. So, one night we had a talk (this was before she knew I was bi) and I told her I was not satisfied with our sex life and we needed to work on it. Which we did.

After I came out, we continue to work on intimacy in general. We touch, hug, dance every chance we get. I blamed it on my gay...she agrees and has decided I am better being gay part of the time. I am a better husband. I make sure I am. So, she wants me to be fulfilled because I am making sure her needs are met first. Just an idea!

9. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you heard of GFAS (Gay Fathers Association of Seattle). They're a great support group, meeting weekly on Capitol Hill. They were a terrific help to me!

They have a web site...